SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
The estate version by Lynx, the eventer? Was quite nice
My initial reaction to the idea of an estate version of the XJS was one of incredulity :O but the reality is excellent! B)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Simon

If Scalextric made the Jag in your post above, it's my guess that it would be a big seller. Go for it, say I.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Do both Jags please Simon, the world needs more Jaguar slot cars (a Rolls Royce may also be a good idea, at least 4 starred in Bond Films to my knowledge).

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Can we have an Allegro Vanden Plas and maybe a Morris Marina (the fastback one with the tiny doors), too, while we're celebrating British Leyland?

Please don't expect me to buy them, though.......
Mike

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Mike that's a great idea, Simon more BL products please. Most of us remember them on the road, some of the SFI members had to suffer them every day.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
1968 Mini - front wheel fell off;

1978 TR7 (oh dear!) - carbs used to freeze up on a cold morning so it would stall at each junction. Propshaft joint used to hit underneath if you accelerated hard. Frightening handling in the wet with that wide track, short wheelbase and soft springs and dampers. Just really poor engineering
wacko.png

I sold it and bought a Metro. It was OK, but I've not owned a British car since......

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
... And people told jokes about Skodas, that continued to take class wins in international rallying year after year.

The British Leyland Junk Collection. It's not even funny these days.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Can we have an Allegro Vanden Plas and maybe a Morris Marina (the fastback one with the tiny doors), too, while we're celebrating British Leyland?

Please don't expect me to buy them, though.......
Mike
Yeah...….no.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Didn't the Eventer use a Renault 5 tailgate for the third door, or was that another estate conversion of a saloon/coupe?

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Mk2! Mk2! Mk2! Mk2! Mk2! Mk2!

After Gentleman Jack's A105 Westminster of course!

Which I seem to remember was promised some time ago
biggrin.png

21 - 40 of 167 Posts