SlotForum banner
161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Has anybody run one yet non mag on wood? I'm in the market and would rather both use the car and drool on it, preferably without butchery.

·
Jim Moyes
5,056 Posts
Yes, briefly on Monday night, as it was at home when I got in from work. I wanted to give it a quick run to see if I would be wise to use it in our Hornby Classic Touring Car class tomorrow night. I definitely will be using it, and I think there will be a few more turning up at the club in weeks to come.

If you've raced any of the recent cars from Hornby with the inline motor setup - NGTC tourers, Sierra, M3, Merc & Porsche GTs - it is equally as good.

Even the tyres seemed to have good performance out of the box, just as the similarly raced BMW 330 BTCC car showed a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have the green Bathurst car and the black Spa 24hrs racer. Both are beautiful, attractive liveries. I am impressed. Different wheels on each model. Silver exhaust pipes on the Spa racer, black on the australian livery. Also a new driver I think. Better than the ones included in some M3s. Good job. I hope we will get the 635 or the Rover next year.

·
novice jazz player &
6,459 Posts
Great that Scalextric released a first version of their newly tooled XJS which I duely purchased (black with Mogul livery). Now its also great to see a limited edition version for the Australian market is available in the UK too...

Scalextric C4214 Jaguar XJS 1985 Bathurst Winner

When it arrives I will have a cool racing pair ;)

c

·
Tel
4,075 Posts
Has anybody run one yet non mag on wood? I'm in the market and would rather both use the car and drool on it, preferably without butchery.
Then prepared to be disappointed, tyres have no grip but that's easy to sort.
Worse is the scalextric desire to save pennies on plastic and make thin and flexible rear bearing mounts, a common theme on their modern inlines. Prepare to brace !

161 - 169 of 169 Posts