SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"rendez vous at the turkish bath fellows !!"

"Well old chaps... I decided to visit to Paris with my Jag' because last time I've seen the Eiffel tower , we were supposed , McIntosh , Cunningham and me , to be over the Channel in a badly injured Lancaster ..."

Sqn Leader Reginald Brooke DSO , DFC.

( first picture from " Don't look now ...we're beeing shoot at" and thanks to the fabulous Terry Thomas ....)

So ...I hope you'll enjoy this little 1/32 resin XK120 .

best regards.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Pretty kitty. I do love the lines of the XK120 and 140. Sleek and sensuous all in one.

Who produced the shell and what have you powered it with?

Embs

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
short run 1/32 resin body by the french master Pierre Yves Lebeau , mounted on a MrrC brass chassis , Cartrix engine and wheels .

going to bed now ....good night friend .

·
Premium Member
2,707 Posts
That is gorgeous. Beautiful paint work. Can you explain how you did it? There is a sheen to it but mot glossy. Do you spray it with any protective coating? What is the tourneau (sp?) cover made of? It is so realistic.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"elbow grease" .
I didn't know this expression was currently used in english

Ok :
the tonneau cover is molded with the body . This short run kit s just a one piece body.
paint : nothing particular but some weathering and a matt varnish . Then the car is polished to obtain the gloss you need.

·
Administrator
9,905 Posts
Terry Thomas - yeah! Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines and other classics...

Beautiful job Olivier, and one of my favorite cars, molded by "The Master"!

Which movie are you referring to? Sounds like something I would like...

About "elbow grease", lots of expressions in French and English are similar in fact, only normal considering how long the countries have been bosom buddies!

Don

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm referring to " la grande Vadrouille" Don , one of my favorite comedy movie.....
I also love " those magnificent men in their flying machines " and I really appreciated terry Thomas as Uncle Archie in one famous episod of "the Persuaders" starring Moore and Curtis ....

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
What a fabulous car .... splendid work.

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
Oh yes it is used in English. Just rarely practised in Britain.

QUOTE (Bigblock @ 4 Mar 2012, 08:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>"elbow grease" .
I didn't know this expression was currently used in english

Ok :
the tonneau cover is molded with the body . This short run kit s just a one piece body.
paint : nothing particular but some weathering and a matt varnish . Then the car is polished to obtain the gloss you need.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not fair

I was looking at the Jag and now see the Jagster, how much I wonder, Incredible (I do not speak french) ? and am not allowed to use the link and cannot post a picture!! But How much?.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well the Jagster is reserved in priority to the " Circuits Routiers " members .

My english beeing too poor , I think Don Siegel could explain what " Circuits Routiers " is .

Don please ...?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.