SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
With all this talk of the James Bond DB5 being released it got me started on a project I've wanted to do for a while. This is my version of the orignal Bond car from the Ian Fleming novels - the 4.5 litre blower Bentley. Described as Bonds' personal car (so no fancy gadgets) and finished in 'Battleship Grey' I've use the Aifix kit as a base. So far I've got the body together and mounted, painting will be done as soon as the weather permits.....

Bond with gun on passenger seat
, currently have an MRRC spectator in mind for the figure as I wanted him wearing a dinner jacket (on his way to a card game) but needs a lot of work to get it right....

managed to retain a lot of detail from the kit at the front end...

currently mounted to a PP chassis...

on that pic you can see the brass rods (not connected to the chassis) that go all the way through the body that are holding the mudguards on, hope it gives it a bit of strength

I've put a T bar arrangement in to mount the rear so I can work on the cockpit/driver figure easily...

so that's where I am with it at the moment, going to try a get the figure right next week..

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rod, go for it! I've been meaning to build this one for so long I had to source another kit as I'd nicked bits from mine for other cars, that's why the car is green and grey at the moment

·
Registered
424 Posts
That should look terrific when its finished!

The old Bentleys were lovely cars, one I've always wanted to have a crack at doing is Steed's Bentley from The Avengers.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi Marlon.
An interesting Fantasy model, should turn into a first class novelty.
Just one observation; Battleship Grey, a bit like British Racing Green is not one colour. For me though, your pictures seem to show a rather effeminate, light blue version, possibly due to monitor distortion.
To my eye, almost any grey primer gives a good a good match for 'Battleship' grey, from the dark versions to the lighter shades.
Kind Regards and seasons Greetings,
Bill.

·
Al Schwartz
3,392 Posts
QUOTE (mattkimster @ 19 Dec 2010, 11:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That should look terrific when its finished!

The old Bentleys were lovely cars, one I've always wanted to have a crack at doing is Steed's Bentley from The Avengers.

Not fair! - tossed my whole planned afternoon for naught as I went off day-dreaming about Mrs. Peel!!!

EM<

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Hi guys, Bill there's no paint on it yet, thats the finish of the two plastic kits I've built it with. Graham you're right he's only got one at the moment, the other one's coming off as are both his legs to be replaced with limbs from other bits and bobs.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
I think Steed actually quite a few different Bentleys. Not seen the full series, but His Lordship has the 1969 season on DVD. In that I noticed him driving at least 3 different models. From memory 3L, 4.5L and a 1926 Speed Six.

Embs

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I'm having great fun with this project, here's an update with the body primed and Bond - sensing danger ahead has his gun at the ready....

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Very nice indeed Mr Foakes. It looks just as it's described in Moonraker! What did you make the screen frame from?

Graham.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts