SlotForum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the editorial in the new edition of MotorSport magazine the current editor has announced that he is leaving the magazine and is inviting applications from the readership for his replacement.

With the strength in depth of the SlotForum writing team of Fergy, Howmet and Rail Racer are any of these going to apply for the position?!

David

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
The commute to work would kill me!

I think Howmet and RR would be a great team for it though!

Come to think of it, a certain David Lawson has a lot of knowledge and can work his way around words..... and there's also a guy from the UAE with a wealth of motorsport knowledge.....

Maybe SF should just take it over and we'll all contribute!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting idea, but I am far to busy (I am sorry but I would be any good at it anyway) but thank you very much. David.

David you would be much better at this than I would.

Jeff.

PS my seven year old daughter changed my identity. So when I work out how to change it back I will

After posting how much she enjoyed Fergy story.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I reckon Russell could do it with one hand tied behind his back. There might be a slight preponderance of South African- based articles though.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Howmet, do you reckon there's another story here, seeing as Jeff is now running around disguised as a seven-year old girl?

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Part 1 of a planned, full-blown TV mini-series!

There, now that we've run amok all over David's thread, I think he'll realize we aren't fit for the editor job anyway!

I'm with Howmet..... Russell, Russell, Russell.....

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yes! I could handle a Team Gunston feature every month OK-

Russell Russell Russell!

(Sounds like a Victorian sunday school outing though, doesn't it? Or a Canadian red squirrel searching for his nuts.)

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
Like all males over here, Canadian squirrels don't lose them... they're far too large...

C'mon Russell, stop hiding, and tell us you've taken the job!

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (Fergy @ 16 Dec 2004, 22:22)The commute to work would kill me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bill Boddy the editor of MotorSport for about 100 years seemed to manage the job from Llandrindod Wells with occasional visits to the office and DSJ who wrote 75% of the magazine posted all his copy and rarely went into the offices so I reckon in the age of the internet you could do it Fergy!

David

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
If I got the job the first thing I would do is bring back the green cover and sort the layout inside. It's a mess since the redesign making getting at the still excellent content harder.

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE (Scott @ 17 Dec 2004, 18:44)If I got the job the first thing I would do is bring back the green cover and sort the layout inside. It's a mess since the redesign making getting at the still excellent content harder.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And I would like to see some coverage of current events, as there will be a limit to the number of ways their library of old material can be re-presented. Where will they be in 10, 20 or more years from now, when their archive material has noot increased?

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
QUOTE (Scott @ 17 Dec 2004, 18:44)If I got the job the first thing I would do is bring back the green cover and sort the layout inside. It's a mess since the redesign making getting at the still excellent content harder.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At least we agree on something.

Dok Pea

·
Registered
147 Posts
"Where will they be in 10, 20 or more years from now, when their archive material has not increased? "

For several years I subscribed to "Vintage Motorsport" from the US.
The quality of the articles and photography were of a higher standard than even "Motorsport" has achieved . Unfortunately as you point out once they had covered all the
major material it just became a very expensive vintage club racing magazine .

Richard

1 - 18 of 18 Posts