SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloooo everybody

I was just wondering about the availability of any Japanese imports/JDM style cars in 1/32? I've become quite interested in that sort of scene and I'd like to start a collection. I've managed to source a Supra and an RX7 in plastic kit form, and I know there are several Datsuns out there along with various Skylines.

I'm aware of all the Super GT cars but that's not what I'm really looking for. Ideally im looking for:

- Any Nissan Silvia S14's/S15's etc
- A Corolla AE86
- Any modern(ish) Hondas/Acura's (S200's, Integra's, RSX's)
- Nissan 240sx

And anything similar lol

Thanks

AM

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
RevellMonogram did a chavved-up Honda Civic that was a USA-only release.

There is also a 1:32 scale kit of the Nissan "Sileighty" from Initial D that turns up on eBay quite often. I made a slotcar out of that one with a lollipop stick chassis.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I've seen the Honda, chavved up isn't really what I was looking for.

I'll look out for the Nissan though!

Thanks

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
I own an old Misti GTO (1974) and grew up with some JDM car culture so I'm keen on anything like this myself. I wanted to buy the Arii kits and make some but I haven't really got the skills unfortunately. My wish list though would be:

Mitsubishi GTO Galant Colt
Mazda RX2, 3 and 4
Skyline Coupes Hakosuka and Kenmeri
Toyota Celica Ra and Ta series
Corolla and Corona coupes.

There is a surprisingly big following for old JDM classics. Maybe not in the slot car enthusiast field though?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Slot King
2,663 Posts
I have a 1/32nd kit of the Galant GTO somewhere in my "for sale" box I think. (Unless I have sold it already)

If you are prepared to go for 1/24th, there is a large number of kits of Japanese cars from the mid seventies onwards, and they always have great box art to boot.

You will have to do some digging, and some might be expensive (Japanese collectables are rarely cheap) but, they are out there.
The first port of call should be Hobby Link Japan

I'll dig out more links if you are interested

Joel

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Damo @ 17 Aug 2012, 00:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is a surprisingly big following for old JDM classics. Maybe not in the slot car enthusiast field though?

Yeah I guess not, there are loads of 1/24 kits as Joel said but seemingly not many in 1/32

QUOTE You will have to do some digging, and some might be expensive (Japanese collectables are rarely cheap) but, they are out there.
The first port of call should be Hobby Link Japan

I'll dig out more links if you are interested

I took a look on there, mostly stuff I had already found like the Arii kits but thank you. If you have more links that would be great!

Cheers

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
GSlot on Ebay c/o a US seller.

Lots of snobby UK and US enthusiasts rejected GSlot without trying what they offered. Get one and tune it right without buying extra bits and you'll be happy. other manufacturers? Forget them!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you guys. I'll have to sit down and have a good trawl through ebay when I've got a few minutes

·
Gary Skipp
6,516 Posts
Hi.

You can get an AE86 and Sil-eighty in 'a bit larger than 32 scale' made by Aoshima. They're from a range of models from Initial D, the cartoon series. They also make an RX7 and some other car I can't remember. They aren't the greatest models, with black glass and one-piece molded bodies. However, they're better than the ones that nobody else makes

There is a pull-back plastic kit of a modern Integra available too, usually turns up in pound shops or on eBay. It'll be dreadful, but will help you develop your modelling skills

1 - 10 of 10 Posts