SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi,

I have found a new Hobby in Slot car racing since April 2006. I began with the Ninco GT Turbo set and now I am working on my track since. Now that my track is set, I am working on building the scenery. My last upgraded was my GrandStand that I built with foam.

Some of you have Welcome me on the Welcome forum and asked me to show you some of my Photos.
Now that I found a host for my photos (SlotForum Plus) I can show you some photos of my track .

I have choose SlotForum Plus for my host so that way I can return a bit for all the things that I got (inspiration for my scenery) on reading as a guest on the forum.

So here some pictures of Jeff HillSide Raceway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the change that I had made on my original post. I am not use to post picture and attachement since I am new on the forum. First I had posted attachement and since it was thumbnails I changed it for image link to my galery.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (astro @ 5 Aug 2006, 20:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>amazing work! It took me a lot longer to get a permanent scenic layout together, yours looks great.

Thank you for your comment

By the way I saw your layout and yours looks great too.

It took me most of my spare time to put it together and since my layout is made of removable parts, It is easy to change some parts. If you take a look closer you will see that every section of my scenery come on a foam that has the form of the track section where It fits. I am still not sure yet if I have made the right decision doing so but that is the result.

·
Registered
32 Posts
QUOTE (jmswms @ 5 Aug 2006, 22:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's quite a track for a first go at it. You must have had some landscaping experience, or you're just very talented!

QUOTE (taxi @ 5 Aug 2006, 23:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wow! It looks like you've had a busy couple of months!

You've certainly put a lot of work into the track and it looks great

cheers,

Rob

Thanks

Indeed It is my first attemp on landscaping but I took a lot of inspiration and tips from all of you guys on the forum. I have been looking as a guest on all of your scenery for a couple of months now (April 2006). I am still on a learning process on this hobby.

My next learning should be on tuning cars and for sure on finding a way to plug a computer for lap monitoring.

I am also thinking of going Digital with Ninco since my tracks are Ninco.

This Hobby is great not only for racing but also for the pleasure you get on building the scenery

I have add a galery of photos on all the step on my construction since april 2006:Construction Galery

P.S. English is not my first language (it is French) so sorry if I make some misspelling on some words or sentences.

Preview:

My first Ninco Gt Turbo set: April 2006

May 2006: The new beginning

First test on mountain with plaster cloth

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
wow, very impressive track and nice choice of cars! unless you race with more than 2 people, digital is not needed, especially since i saw the n-digital prices

hope to see you around the forum, and the bit about giving back to the forum almost brought a tear to my eye... thats what its all about! helping others and helping your self!

Matt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE (FZSsemans® @ 7 Aug 2006, 09:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nice layout! lots of track on this table

QUOTE (jhardy33 @ 7 Aug 2006, 10:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Very nice layout Jeff. Your scenery is top notch! I've been working on my NINCO layout for a year. Oh well, maybe one day soon.

Tanks for your comments

I forgot to say the dimension of my table:

TABLE: 12 feet x 7 feet

I used Tracker 2000 to built a design that used a maximum of track on the table and with the 2 lane equals (75.16 L1 and 75.16 L2) and with almost the same outside/inside curve.

When I first bought in april 2006 my GT Turbo set I was thinking going 4 LANE but after a couple of hours racing I tought that it would be more fun to have a long 2 lane circuit than a smaller 4 lane circuit. So now that DIGITAL is available I think I gonna stay with 2 lane.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Very Nice...........I think doing your scenery on removable foam was a great idea. You may decide to change down the road and dismantling will be easy and very very clean.

I dismantled a Model RR that definitly WAS NOT CLEAN!!!

Like you I got fired up about 1 year ago and 2 months ago made the jump from HO to 1/32. I chose digital simply because of the lane changing capabilitities and I see it as the wave of the future. ( Model railroaders have had digital for 15 years now!! and they even have Sound)

Can you imagine having a sound chip sychronized to your throttle wuth an actual digital recording of oh lets say a SS 427 in that corvette or a 426 Hemi in that Cuda .

Thats where I truly hope to see digital slot cars go. Yes it will be expensive ( it is in Model railroading for sound too) But oh man to have 4 or 5 of your favorites outfitted for sound would be like slot car heaven LOL.
Heres a plan for my first layout. I decided to keep it simple...its 15 feet with a 7 foot plus Dog leg

I used Scalextric Sport Digital.

The Front lane heads right, goes under the track and climbs 7" total starting back down grade after the lane change. the grade is stiffer going up in this direction and mellower going down. With the option of changing directions with digital i can vary the course logistics a bit due to the grade differance alone.
Heres a picture

·
Registered
350 Posts
Racer63,

Fast track with smooth racing lines is what I like as well

Good use of space and just the right amount of scenery (which also looks fabulous)

I can also see you have put alot of thought into the elevations...great result.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Tileguy,
Your plan looks great but I can see a problem, The track needs to flow the other way round or the powerbase the will be facing the inside of you track. Take a look here.

I can't wait to see you track develop though we need photos

I hope this helps.

Ian

·
Registered
32 Posts
TileGuys : Thank you for your comments. Show us some photos when your projet is complete

Ferrari: Than you for your comments; it is appreciate. I saw photos of your track in your gallery and it is fabulous too. As for the elevation, I did made a lot of attention in the elevation. I wanted some kind of level for the tracks and the Hills and the 3D effet of the hills when your racing was my main focus for the scenery. So I did change some of the elevation of the hills a couple of time and since all my scenery come in section it was easier to make the change.

Now I thinking of putting 2D hills (2.5 " thick max. in the back of the scenery: set on a 2x4) instead of the plactic band that I have now surrounding the track. See the green paint hill in the photo. The final result will have the same texture of the hills that I have now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.