SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jenson has done the dirty and got out of his contract with BAR on technicality
and signed for Williams for next year and beyond.
Well done Jenson !!

Everyone up and down the pit lane acknowledge that this years BAR design is
a bit of a fluke of engineering - hence it going backwards compared with the
rest over the year - as they don't know how they even got what they have.

So to sign for Williams is a good idea , good people who will more often than
not (and more often than BAR) come up with a good car.

What everyone else think ?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
did jenson ever rearly leave williams
was he not contracted by williams and loaned out when montoya joined?

any way he's better than montoya by far
jenson is maturing well
good luck jenson

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No damn way - this must be a furphy..

Of course already having a favourite team & two fave drivers all in one package..

My wife wouldn't approve 'cause it'll cost too much!!

BRILLIANT! I've just been corrected.. I'm not allowed anything unless she says I can have it!

(Last haves being two $105 Fly cars so i think she kinda accepts cars..)

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
I thought this years Bar was a clone of last years Williams, what with Bar taking on an ex-Williams designer.

Personally I think it a shame he's going - if he does, as David Richards doesn't sound too sure in what I've read to date. I'd go with Honda power over Beemer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i read this on the bbc website. there was a strange statement, from someone at williams i think, that gave the impression that the switch might not be clear cut and that bar could fight it. something about an extension clause they didn't exercise but they might claim they did.

whilst there is the 'how the hell are bar performing so well this year' argument, why would you want to leave a team when you are third in the championship - with a possibility of ending the season 2nd.

though i guess the williams track record must of been a significant factor.

as pointed out above, it is good news as we'll have a button slot car next year.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I am delighted as having a successful Brit in a Honda powered car merely exaggerates the pain of a poorly performing Toyota.

Coulthard to BAR then? Or will they give Davidson the drive - he's probably quicker (certanly cheaper) than Jenson.

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
Utterly annoyed by it. If Monty can't make that thing go nobody can. Who is designing the Williams now anyway? Geoff Willis is doing a good job.

Since Geoff Willis left Williams and joined BAR Williams have gone backwards and BAR forwards. Honda has the small size and grunt. I bet Chris's boys Kimi & David wish they had that!

More importantly BAR probably has the best manager in the pit lane with Dave Richards. Where as Sam Michael is only finding his feet and doing that slowly. DR would have looked after Jenson as well.

A bad move! Time will time.

WRC. PLease. Is there more than five minutes of it on the telly? Hang on we could wait for the Rally of South Wales.... sorry GB without the forrests of North Wales & YORKSHIRE.

MotoGP thats what you should be watching. Yes the Hornby things are rubbish but Rossi is still The Doctor.

·
Registered
752 Posts
QUOTE MotoGP thats what you should be watching. Yes the Hornby things are rubbish but Rossi is still The Doctor.

Note to Hornby:

Forget about leaning - we need a Rossi replica Yamaha where the rider stands up on the pegs, with his hands behind his back, as it crosses the line having won the race.....

-Rob

·
Registered
180 Posts
I think that Jenson made a good move. Williams has had much more success in the past than BAR, and Jenson had always stayed in contact with Williams. Yet, BAR has been making excellent progress..

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I thought along the same lines as Dr Sticky, that Jenson was loaned out and now Jenson has proved his worth...

I personally agree with Mr Croker, Dave Richards must be gutted I think Jenson would be better off staying with BAR.

If these rumours are true, then it is a good line up at Williams for 2005, even though I can't help feeling that Webber is over rated somewhat - I hope I'm wrong.

Davidson would get my vote for Jenson's replacement at BAR.

Are Villeneuve and Hakinnen making comebacks?

Jamie

·
Premium Member
5,186 Posts
QUOTE ...any way he's better than montoya by far...

I will leave you to your delusions.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
Villeneuve MAKING A COME BACK
come on, no one will touch him surely too expesive, too much a big head, no talent
sorry
another damon hill
the right car at the right time no driver skills
yes i know they must be good drivers, any of them to make it in F1
they can get above their station as he did
but he is not the only 1 to do so

DR STICKY a better talker than racer

·
Registered
161 Posts
Also read today that the Williams at Hungary will have a more "traditional" style nose.

Shame as it's nice to see a different looking car on the grid.

Will also be interesting to see how this pans out, as Dave R is threating all sorts of legal stuff.

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
jenson to williams, williams come good again? i seem to remember lotus, alfa romeo,cooper and many more that slipped into the past, it dose not allways follow that a teams will still keep making the top step again, i think jenson has gone forward with fingers crossed and hope in his heart, i hope he makes it, he,s the best we have had for a long time. mac p

1 - 20 of 28 Posts