SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think anyone has posted this....

Jenson Button will be staying at BAR for next season after the F1 contract recognition board found in their favour in the contract dispute with Williams.

Full story here.

Guess this means there won't be a Button slot car next year!

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
325 Posts

I hadn't heard this, thanks for bringing it to light.

Tish, I was looking foward to ordering my Button-Williams hat...

All the best to Jenson then.

James

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Webber and......

COULTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully....

But wouldn't it be funny if Pizzonia got the drive and was shown up by Webber again...
. Jungle boy should stick to delivering pizzas....

McLaren

·
Registered
316 Posts
Its a fair result really....

I could never get my head around Jenson returning to Williams, after what Frank had to say about Jenson's rookie year.

Im also wondering how Jensen is feeling about still being at BAR.... must be kinda uncomfortable really.

However- good luck to him, I cant see Williams competing at the required level to take on Ferrari anyway, I think Jenson has more chance where he is.

Cheers
CoolS

·
Registered
316 Posts
QUOTE I could never get my head around Jenson returning to Williams, after what Frank had to say about Jenson's rookie year.

Ive just tried to find some fact to back this little statement up, maybe that was just my impression that he was hard done by to make room for Montoya....

However.. Im with you on that one Scott, seems Jenson does want to go back to Williams, if hes being quoted correctly.

Cheers
CoolS

·
Registered
64 Posts
I fully expect Jense to be in a Williams next year, from what I can gather the CRB meeting was really just to decide how much compensation BAR would get. As Jenson's (now ex?)management allegedly turned down £10m to stay at BAR for next year and the boy Jense himself continuously telling all how much he wants to race for Frank next year I can't see him staying at BAR. Which would be good news for Davidson.

·
Registered
300 Posts
QUOTE (CoolScientist @ 21 Oct 2004, 00:56)Its a fair result really....

I could never get my head around Jenson returning to Williams, after what Frank had to say about Jenson's rookie year.

Im also wondering how Jensen is feeling about still being at BAR.... must be kinda uncomfortable really.

However- good luck to him, I cant see Williams competing at the required level to take on Ferrari anyway, I think Jenson has more chance where he is.

Cheers
CoolS
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree - its what normally happens and thats also whats being said on the old
jungle drums

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I get the impression that this will be the end of it, and Jenson will stay with BAR for next season at least. He seems to of tried to stay as business like as possible throughout the whole affair and will now just get on with it. But who knows?

As regards Coulthard, I'm kind of hoping he doesn't get an F1 drive next year. Instead, I'd like to see him signed up for the new A1 Grand Prix series. This will be just the kind of boost that this series needs, a top name driver, to get it going.

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
571 Posts
QUOTE As regards Coulthard, I'm kind of hoping he doesn't get an F1 drive next year. Instead, I'd like to see him signed up for the new A1 Grand Prix series. This will be just the kind of boost that this series needs, a top name driver, to get it going.

Do Scotland have a separate team from England in A1? (Fingers crossed!
) At least A1 and Coulthard have something in common. Both going nowhere!

I too hope Jenson is staying at BAR. I think that next year they will still be more competitive than Williams.

JS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts