SlotForum banner

jet cars

4K views 43 replies 10 participants last post by  John Stezelecki 
#1 ·
hi all have any of you lot got our had any of the non traction mag car

like the bsrt g-jet our the slottech t2-jet and all the others ?

as i would love to get some to race at my club our mybee race at a eahorc meet one day

#5 ·
They are very cool cars. I do like the older Magnatractions and T-jets, but the modern in-line cars with brass weights are a different kettle of fish. We tried some out at King's Lynn once and they were great.

The BSRT G-Jet, Wizzard Thunderstorm and Slottech P-Jet and T2-Jets are beautifully engineered, but are expensive and only available from the States.

Budget options to try the brass car set-up could be:

- Getting the Thunderstorm weight set ($7.50) and putting it in a Storm chassis. It won't be quite the same, but...

- Getting brass weights to replace the traction mags of a Tomy Turbo or Tyco 440x2 from JW's HO Speed Parts. They also sell weighted front ends.

BSRT recommend setting the voltage on 12V for the G-Jet, but Wizzard and Slottech say 18V is fine for their brass cars. The thing to do is to play around with the voltage - if you can - and see what works best.

#6 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 17 Jun 2011, 07:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just get some old Magnatractions, they handle and go very similar to 1:32 RTR cars.

No traction magnets, and cheaper, a lot cheaper, also try the Aurora G+ a bit quicker, the forerunner to the Tomy SG+ but without magnets, so plenty of sliding, both old school stuff, cost from about £8 each.

We have a meeting in August at SCHORC for both of these chassis. 'The Pancake Cup' thread is on the SCHORC forum page.

They will both run on 18v, but will be quite excitable, oh and you will need a high ohm controller 60 - 90 ohm to get the best from them.

#7 ·
Hi Jon,

I've been getting into the non-mag cars myself recently. On a smaller track like mine, I find them more fun to drive than the rocket ships we race at EAHORC. You have to really drive the course, slide the corners and you can get the power down on even the shortest of straights. I'll put a video of my Magnatraction going round my track when I can work out how to do it!

So far I have a couple of old Magnatractions which are superb, some LifeLike M chassis which are quick but slide and a couple of G-Plus chassis. I've also got some Tjets but I need to clean my track up to make them run.

I'd recommend getting some Magnatractions as a first venture into non-mag or the LifeLike M as you like quick cars!

Cheers

Gareth

#9 ·
Sounds a good plan. The silicone sponges will make a big difference.

These are - of course - the ultimate long-running cars. They would survive plenty of your all-day sessions without melting

I think - but I'm not 100% sure - that we tried a G-Jet, Thunderstorm, brass Turbo and a brass Tyco at King's Lynn. My favourites were the Thunderstorm and the Turbo - the Thunderstorm was really smooth and predictable once you did a few laps, but the Turbo was just outrageous fun

I'm looking at fixing up a DIY Thunderstorm and a couple of Turbos over the summer.

Unlike the older cars, these are very fast cars on the straights and rely on a combination of the brass weights, dynamic braking, traction from the motor mags, gear ratios and sticky tyres to slow down through the corners. It's a different challenge to the Magnatractions and T-jets. The way I see it, the more types of cars, the more fun

#25 ·
Woodcote,

The most popular voltage for a G-jet would be between 12-14 volts using the standard .450 rear tire heights on a Tomy type track. The taller the rail, the more magnatraction. the higher the voltage you can go. In most cases 18 volts make the car a real tiger to drive.

The BSRT G-Jet portion of the site has been down since around December. The site was being revamped when suddenly January 2011 sales went loopy and there was no time to get back and work on the site. This ddin't have any negative effect on sales since most drivers knew the part numbers or requested it via fax or via phone. Once May comes around, sales usually slow down considerably and there became no need to rush into getting the G-Jet site back up. Presentl, Gary Beedle is putting most of his time into building 8 new paint scheme G-jet RTR F1 cars for the Grand Prix. They are special edition G-Jets that will be available for sale at the event. Once he has completed this task he will start working on getting the G-Jet site up for the fall season. Should be soon. Have a good day
Stez
www.usg-jetgrandprix.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.