SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking for pics of the GT 40's for Richard, I cam across these 2 pics that are certainly the first time I have seen the Lotus 38 in STP colours.....

What other pics do you have of Jim Clark in real life? Would love to see all the cars he raced in......

·
DT
5,195 Posts
These look good.

If they were released or not as slots (along time ago), someone like Scalextric could do them with the same quality as the recent Maserati and Vanwall. They'd all be snapped up for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 15 Oct 2004, 10:29)These look good.

If they were released or not as slots (along time ago), someone like Scalextric could do them with the same quality as the recent Maserati and Vanwall. They'd all be snapped up for sure.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd buy them

·
John Roche
4,202 Posts
I've argued for a long time that someone ought to model the Lotus 49 as the basic car could be modified theough all the different variations from the simple, uncluttered lines of '67 through all the wing variations up to '70 with lots of different liveries.

Then when they've modeled the DFV it would be the basis for ..........

John

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
This is a brilliant complimentary thread to the one started on slot cars of Jim Clark cars.

I won't eulogise yet again about the greatest racing driver ever, people must be getting fed up with me going on about it but I'll post this picture of Jim at the height of his powers at the debut of the Lotus 49 at Zandvoort, imagine how much future success he would have had in the car over the next few seasons.

Let's see your favourite pictures of Jim Clark.

David

PS
John - The 38 looks good in the STP colours doesn't it.

Russell - I love the Tasman cars, as you no doubt know your GLTL 49 pictures are of Jim's last ever race win in the Australian GP during the Tasman series of 1968.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Oh this is RIGHT up my street! Lots more Jim pics!

And maybe Scaley would consider doing some 60s F1s with their Moto GP motor...

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Here's the first ever pic that I saw of Jim Clark after reading about him:

Right, name them!

Please don't cheat and follow the URL of the photo...

McLaren

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
No one else posting pictures of the great man..... well here's another from me. Clark getting into the monstrous Lotus 43 H16 at Monza 1966. fortunately for Lotus and Clark the 49 was already on the drawing board.

More pictures from anyone else?

David

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
David

Not a picture of the man himself I'm afraid, but one of the very few I could find of Jim driving the Border Reivers Lotus Elite.

I've got a decent little resin shell which I would like to build as this car, but I'm desperate for some colour pictures, because if I don't get the colour right I can imagine your reaction!.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I saw a beautiful picture of Jim Clark in the last ( or previous) issue of motorsport I bought. I'd post it in except for a reason I don't currently understand I don't have a scanner. Oh yeah - haven't been shopping for one yet.

Any one that has a copy I'm talking the August 2004 copy. Page 41 (opposite the Revell ad in an oddly karmic moment).

My young feller is two and a half - was suggesting you should only put up pictured of red cars and not black ones like the last couple - has no concept of grey & white (as his previous brother calls it).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Jim Clark probably won his second Indy 500 in the STP Lotus 38 but due to lap scoring errors the race was given to Graham Hill.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Alan - The Border Reivers car is one I want to make a slot car of as well but I've not found a colour photo of it yet or a reference to it's colour scheme in any of the books. I think your photo is from the famous race at Brands when Colin Chapman narrowly built Clark after a back marker got in the way on the last lap.

Border Reivers entered this Elite at Le Mans in 1959 driven by Jim Clark and John Whitmore.

RMM - I think it took the organisers a good few hours to check the lap charts after the 66 race before declaring Hill first and Clark second. Nowadays with electronic timing they don't have these problems. The 1967 38's were hopeless and Team Lotus shouldn't have bothered entering the race.

McLaren - I love the Snetterton photos on that site.

Dennis - Was that quote from the 1964 Monaco GP when DSJ from MotorSport magazine had tears in his eyes when he saw how Clark was leaving them for dead on that opening lap.

Eno - I have that magazine and it is a superb photo.

David

1 - 20 of 35 Posts