SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now you have a real chance to make a difference. Do you want to design Hornby catalogues, packaging, magazines and adverts?

Also help with websites and software graphics?

If you think you are up to this challenge then visit www.scalextric.com for more information.

Sadly I am not qualified to apply in person but I suspect that there are folk here who are!

If you had the job what would you do?

Would it be a clean sweep and out with the old and in with the new?

If not then how would you develope and utilise the brand images?

Are you part of the "if it ain't broke there is no need to fix it" fraternity?

Would you attempt to update the image and could you guarantee that the image is as enduring over the next 40 years as it has been over the last 40?

Provide examples of your work here for the Slotforum committee to review (laugh at)!

And could you keep your work a big secret or would you feed the salivating Slotforum audience with little gems of inside info?

Moped

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm not qualified either, but if I had the job I would;

Make sure I had enough time to look on slotforum at least 4 times a day.

Probably keep their current style (i think its ok).

I am part of the "if it ain't broke there is no need to fix it" sadly.

As for the image, It has changed greatly over the last forty years and feel they do an okay job of keeping with the times (don't know if I could that).

I would probably not be allowed to comment on work in progress, but would be sneaky and let people know some stuff.

Thats just what I would try to do!

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Did I miss the interview and subsequent appointment of a Pre-Interview Interviewer and Ad-hoc Market Surveyor (Own 2 wheel Transport required) by Hornby?

I would think that anyone who IS qualified for the job would not post on here prior to the interview.

Quotes not to use at an interview:

"When I work for XYZ company I will divulge their trade secrets to everyone" !!

Or maybe the Computer industry is different from slot car manufacturers

J-C

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well I am qualified for job, but unfortunately a small matter of Hornby being in Margate Kent and myself in Berkshire and the 150+ miles - oh well nevermind!

Mark

·
Registered
420 Posts
yes I think you might be right Gary
- but do not worry - on the other hand there are quite a few people out there with the 'correct' degree that could not do the job properly anyway...

//peter

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE (moped rider @ 27 Apr 2004, 12:32)And could you keep your work a big secret or would you feed the salivating Slotforum audience with little gems of inside info?

At last someone appreciates me!!! I keep telling people I'm a little gem....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts