SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
I have just got in a small collection of four of John Jude cars from a few years ago.
These are really beautifully made models and I thought they may of interest to those that do not know about them.

First are two MGAs, these are resin copies of the Monogram cars and use EJ chassis with Ninco wheels and a SCX RX4 motor.

Next is a Mercedes GP streamliner, I think this is a resin body moulded from a plastic push along toy! The chassis is laser cut stainless and running gear the same as the MGA.

and finally an AC Cobra, John made these from the Revell/Monogram kit when it first came out but are superior to the MRRC cars that used the same body with more detail and a chromed window surround, chassis running gear are the same as the Merc.

Any one got any more pictures of Johns fabulous cars that they can post?

·
Phil Smith
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get a Betta fibreglass body of the Merc.
Here is one that Derek Cooper did for the 2003 Bordeaux meeting,
he still has it and is threatening to use it at the Early Bird meeting in January

But I think he'll have to put some scale wheels and tyres on it!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I have two, I will get pics later but they are both Ferraris, 250 Testarossa (that shows Nincos mistakes) and a rendition of the 312p driven by Mario Andretti.

BTW they both came from the stable of the great Mr Sheldon originally - bring back memories Russell? Remind me when we both meet one day... I owe you for getting me into collecting the rarer quality cars (good or bad? not decided
)

Cars fore the John Jude Online Pic collection...

Ferrari 312P -

Ferrari 250 Testarossa ( With Ninco comparison) -

Enjoy!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice to know the MGA is our there, as a possible. My first car was a well worn MGA, a '62 with the 1800 cc motor. I used to joy ride around, and hope to find a mildly hopped up VW to race against, everything else was too fast, and the stock VW's would never race, for obvious reasons.

A very interesting post, the cars look nice. If they cost the kind of money that most cars for the collector market ask, I would need a more correct, narrower wheelbase on the MGA, but it still looks good.

I wonder where the driver figure is from, and is it sourced from the monogram kit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts