SlotForum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts

I liked it very much when I reviewed it and still do!

I think for club racing it offers no mag effect if you have steel rails or steel braid.

The motor is has loads of torque so the low revs aren't an issue, still has great brakes.

I know we SLOTING PLUS the car was geared 12/26 and it pulled 12/25 easily but the more experienced members decided the car was easier to drive on 12/26 rather than the out and out pace the 25t offered.

I think Shaun had the Slot.it car at pretty much 2:1 as well

Not sure about NSR. Maybe one of the team could post it.

Keep in touch with Sean and the Pendle team as your products input into the event was very valuable.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I raced at Gaydon for the Scaleauto team which came fifith. I thought the JP Slot motor was quite strong but perhaps better suited to shorter tracks with not such a long straight. What I mean is it has a fair bit of torque but runs out of breath a bit at the top end.....that's how I would describe it if it was a petrol engine anyway!

As far as I am aware all eight cars ran reliably and didn't suffer motor problems although one had trouble with its chassis.

Of course some teams managed to get much more out of their motors in terms of performance - the NSR and Slot.It cars were rocket ships in comparison to ours - but that's probably down to grip and gearing rather than any variation in the motors.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
We at Team Avant Slot didn't have any issues with our motor , it ran well for all of practice and the 4 hours of the race. I don't think anyone else had problems but I'm sure the others will be along shortly with their comments.

Allan

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We (NSR) used a 14/29 gear combo, so 2.07:1 ratio.
I have to say I was quite surprised at how well the motor pulled such a large pinion, but it coped very well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, by your opinion... if you want more motors. you can to talk with slot 32 UK by Nic Picot, he is my distributor in UK.

Please you put all the opinions, thanks

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Hi

I also ran in the SLOTING PLUS team and must say I was impressed with the motor. My initial reaction to hearing we would be running a 20k motor on a relatively long track was a little aphrehensive, I thought it would be too slow for the track...but I was wrong. With the right gearing it was really quite smooth and didnt feel that slow on the long straight at all.

I might even buy one for our club racing as I think it might be a good motor for our short, tight, twisty track

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
the SCX team were also impressed by the JP slot motor
we used the 24- 10 inline we had tried other gearing but that this was the best for us to use giving very good top end speed on the straight and enough acceleration where needed

Robbo

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
QUOTE (lee.bes @ 24 May 2011, 19:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I might even buy one for our club racing as I think it might be a good motor for our short, tight, twisty track

You actually started after I reviewed this but I built a Mosler for Kev (Zipp) with one in for Gainsborough - that was a 30+lap car. Ever so smooth

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Mark, I remember the car and it running around little-g & remember your positive raving about the qualities of the jp motor......changed peoples perspective of 'motor power' at our club....enter the 'soft' era.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.