SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Hi Lee

Yep no worries it's yours if you want it, £20 ok? I just need to double check with Craig that it is 1 we want to sell, we have 3 (2 x 1 ohm and 1 x another ohm) and I know he wants to keep 1 of each and I can't remember which 1 Jim borrowed. We can discuss tonight I will have all 3 with me.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (roll1later @ 13 Jul 2011, 14:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Lee

Yep no worries it's yours if you want it, £20 ok? I just need to double check with Craig that it is 1 we want to sell, we have 3 (2 x 1 ohm and 1 x another ohm) and I know he wants to keep 1 of each and I can't remember which 1 Jim borrowed. We can discuss tonight I will have all 3 with me.

Cheers
Paul

Ok Paul

See you later

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sorry guys can't get a late night pass so we're gonna give tonight a miss. Lee just take the controller off Jim and keep it for a test run just to make sure you like it.

Sorry Al re the use of my boot, can it wait til next meet?

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Guys, sorry I couldn't make tonights meeting hope it was a good one.

Thanks for all the concern over Daniel, after his ambulance ride he was given a barrage of tests & has been diagnosed with Glandular Fever, hopefully he should feel better after a weeks medication.

Hopefully we should be at the August meeting on the Saturday.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (roll1later @ 13 Jul 2011, 18:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry guys can't get a late night pass so we're gonna give tonight a miss. Lee just take the controller off Jim and keep it for a test run just to make sure you like it.

Sorry Al re the use of my boot, can it wait til next meet?

Cheers
Paul

Thanks for that Paul, I have now got this with me. I also bound the plastic edging up so Al could get it in his boot

Hopefully see you in August.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Great news about Daniel, me and Craig wish him a speedy recovery.

I think H&S might have something to say about your plug wiring though Jim! Still it's handy as I can now see what col wire needs to go where on the plug for mine

Well done to all the winners, see some of you at the 6hr and the rest in August

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
QUOTE (stanno @ 13 Jul 2011, 23:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all the concern over Daniel, after his ambulance ride he was given a barrage of tests & has been diagnosed with Glandular Fever, hopefully he should feel better after a weeks medication.

Hopefully we should be at the August meeting on the Saturday.

All excellent news.

You know Glandular Fever is also known as the Kissing Fever!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
QUOTE (slowracer @ 11 Jul 2011, 15:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Al Wood timing system, definately gets its debut meeting on Wednesday, see ya there

Congratulations to Al for the sucessful debut of his newly developed timing system, a nice piece of work, It worked faultlessly straight out of the box.

Great stuff.

Congratulations to all the winners.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Seven racers arrived in Yelling for the July SCHORC meeting. Tony had laid out a slightly less complicated track to accommodate fewer marshals, but it proved no less challenging to drive! The white and unusually the blue lane proved to be the most tricky...

F1 Qualifying
F1 qualifying yeilded some close racing and finished with Al as top F1 qualifier, followed closely by Tony and then Jim.

F1 Finals
Lee took a convincing win in the B final from Dave, Bob and Roy and hopped up to the white lane for the A final. Good qualifying proved crucial on this month's track though with no one bettering their qualifying position. Al took the win followed by Tony, Jim and Lee.

New for this month, fastest and best laps classification from all heats and finals.

Mod Qualifying
Bob really got to grips with his Tony Turbo this month and took the top qualifying spot, Al and Jim were a few laps behind him. Jim's F40 now running as the Blue Streak was on typically fine form as was Al's Porsche once Tony had replaced its worn pick-up.

Mod Finals
Tony took a clear win in the B final from Dave, Roy and Lee. Again the hop up was to the dreaded white lane... As in F1 the finishing order was as qualifying with Bob taking the win from Al, Jim and Bob.

The new timing system was trialled throughout the night in parallel with the club's usual Tomy timers and it performed almost faultlessly. Unfortunately Lee's Marchon upset it a bit on the blue lane and it missed a couple of its laps which will need some more investigation before next month...

Overall another great nights racing!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good race report Al,
your new timing system was nothing short of amazing considering it's maiden voyage.
I'm sorry that my under performing Marchon spoilt the evening but that really needs some tweaking, just looking at those times that was way of the mark...test,test,test.

A big thanks to Tony's Highway to hell track.
Anyway guys thank you for another great nights racing.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
As Al said looked slightly less complicated, but that was just a false impression, the blue and white proved just a challenge too far for most.
It was all about getting to the red or yellow lane for the finals!
Sorry boys, I will try better next month, remember its a Saturday meeting, I would appreciate some help in setting out a balanced track

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE (slowracer @ 15 Jul 2011, 06:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As Al said looked slightly less complicated, but that was just a false impression, the blue and white proved just a challenge too far for most.
It was all about getting to the red or yellow lane for the finals!
Sorry boys, I will try better next month, remember its a Saturday meeting, I would appreciate some help in setting out a balanced track

Tony what time do the doors open? And what time does it go on till? I will get there to help you setup if you would like any help?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Yes please Lee, the help is welcomed, I shall be there at 8am, the meeting will start at 10.30, we will run the two normal club classes.

I would estimate a finish around 3.30 of the club event, after that there may be some playtime, before the track is ripped up and a very different track layed out for the 'Pancake Cup' event on the Sunday!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Al, I am really liking the new dimension to our club reports that the features of the new timing system can give, fantastic work.

This is really statistics at the next level for slotcar timing!

41 - 60 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.