SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about running jumpers from lane 1 to lane 2. Wouldn't this even out the power even more on a digital track? I noticed the Carerra black box is wired with one lead that connects to both lanes for each polarity. It seems running jumpers across the lanes will further even out the power. Essentially you would only need one of the two track joints to have really good contact using the jumpers.

Brian

·
Registered
522 Posts
Brian,
You could do this and in fact there is power sharing between lanes at each LC, so this would be redundant.

Have you needed to "even out" the power? A large layout with many LCs needs many power taps. I have seven. Well actually 14 if you count both lanes. I suppose it would have been equally or more effective to combine lanes, but I was planning on doing analog when I wired the power taps.

·
Registered
911 Posts
QUOTE (darainbow @ 24 Jan 2005, 18:03)Brian,
You could do this and in fact there is power sharing between lanes at each LC, so this would be redundant.

I didn't realize that at each LC the lanes share power.

QUOTE Have you needed to "even out" the power?

The power is very good. I am working on making some double straights and curves. I plan on running jumpers at each track joint and then I was thinking maybe while I am at it I should also connect the lanes.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts