Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, the June Meeting is on The 1st of June, at Yelling Village Hall, Yelling 7pm

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 20 May 2011, 20:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You may have visitors.

Evening all

·
Registered
124 Posts
Can't wait. I have even moved some things about so I can make it. Looking forward to get my own cars.

Are you sure that White lane club car is not for sale?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (palros @ 23 May 2011, 14:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can't wait. I have even moved some things about so I can make it. Looking forward to get my own cars.

Are you sure that White lane club car is not for sale?

You only have to wait 9 more days

The white lane car chassis - has er been moved on

Club cars must be reasonably well balanced

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 24 May 2011, 12:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't know what time the F1 heats will finish and I may be too late anyway but I wondered if Al can schedule me in to the last 4 heats with his new spreadsheet. If not I will just run in Mod.

That can easily be arranged. Probably the easiest option is not to run them in the quasi random order the spreadsheet generates and just leave all the heats you're in till you arrive. Any idea what Dave, Bob and Lee will be doing and if they need special arrangements too?

QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 24 May 2011, 12:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have now wired my F40 body to the chassis so the $%£&"$ thing doesn't keep falling off
. I have also fitted that gold magnet kit to Bob's turbo with a lighter body and lower tyres so I'm keen to see how that goes too.

Crafty! Once I have sorted out my rubbing wheel arch I must try something similar. Our cars are so close I can't allow you to have any kind of advantage!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (asjwood @ 24 May 2011, 20:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Our cars are so close I can't allow you to have any kind of advantage!

Just found out why my Jaguar was so slow last Wednesday and Sunday, it had a cracked wheel, was pushed in and was rubbing on the chassis!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Tony,

If your Jag was slow last wednesday, i'm not looking forward to seeing it run when it's going properly! I was left for dead as it was.

I will post some pics up shortly in another thread of the wire I have used to (possibly) secure the body to my F40.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 25 May 2011, 14:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If your Jag was slow last wednesday, i'm not looking forward to seeing it run when it's going properly! I was left for dead as it was.

·
Registered
437 Posts
QUOTE That can easily be arranged. Probably the easiest option is not to run them in the quasi random order the spreadsheet generates and just leave all the heats you're in till you arrive. Any idea what Dave, Bob and Lee will be doing and if they need special arrangements too?

Al,

Thanks for that, hopefully I can get there in time, if not I guess I can just join the last final in the worst lane??

I believe the others are going to come together at the proper time.

Jim

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hi Guys, I will speak to Dave and Bob tomorrow and we will try and get there for 19:00hrs. Really looking forward to coming again and trying out my cars and collecting my track.

See you all real soon.

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 25 May 2011, 13:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Al,

Thanks for that, hopefully I can get there in time, if not I guess I can just join the last final in the worst lane??

I believe the others are going to come together at the proper time.

Jim
I certainly wouldn't object if you missed all of F1 qualifying and started from the back of the grid.

QUOTE (Leet @ 25 May 2011, 15:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys, I will speak to Dave and Bob tomorrow and we will try and get there for 19:00hrs. Really looking forward to coming again and trying out my cars and collecting my track.

See you all real soon.

Lee

Good news Lee, I think I can juggle the tables for Jim but juggling them for all four of you might have been more of a challenge!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, nearly halfway through the season, things could not be tighter at the top, who will be leading the tables after this meeting?

With all the new players thrown into the mix, (remember you have to take membership for your June race points to count in the Club Championship), almost anything could happen, will Paul Rose be an upset to the established top runners, or will the on form racers resist the challenge, and Lee should come in strongly after last months performance.

Its going to be fast and furious for the next few months, thats for sure

·
Registered
124 Posts
At the moment I would be happy to just be competitive for the rest of the season.

What's the cost of membership by the way? is there an annual membership fee and subs per race?

Also out of interest, Where would I find the rules for the F1's and the mods? I did a quick search but I could not find it. I just wanted to see what you can and cant do to the cars.

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Hi Paul,

You will be more than competitive, I am sure!

Yearly membership is £24 reducing by £2 per month pro rata.

Race fees £4 per meeting.

Visitor fees £6. per meeting.

Rules follow the EAHORC guide lines, with some minor local club changes. You will get a copy at the next meeting.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You can find the EAHORC F1 rules by clicking on my signature and going to the schedule page.

You are probably aware that several of the SCHORC guys travel to EAHORC meetings. Can you see yourself joining them sometime?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts