Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had started reading this forum last year and watched all slot cars tracks tutorials since then, when I decided to try to make one myself. At first, just a small one to test my skills.
I am a big fan of PC racing and flying simulators but modelling my own track is the biggest fun. I am very glad that I have found this forum and tried something new.
I had started working on my track in May 2011. Because I have been using google translate to read this forum and now I am using help of one of my friends with writing this thread, I will present myself with screenshots rather than words

Here are links (screenshots' resolution and quality is reduced)

ScreenshotsPart01

ScreenshotsPart02

The most recent work:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi jupovic,

Great test track!! Love the quality of your work, something I'll try to emulate with my own build which I'm just beginning.

Thanks for all your detailed photos. Hope you get many hours of enjoyment.

Cheers,

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks,
It is MDF, thick 2,5 centimeters. Maybe here in Slovakia is used different amount of glue, heat and pressure during fabrication.
That's why it looks little bit different.

http://www.iwtrend.sk/nasa_ponuka5.html

I have chosen this width to sthrengthen my scenery because it's movable and I want to avoid damaging its surface.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After some time I realised that to color my scenery base with green is not a good idea. I should have used color of the ground because green can be covered just with big amount of sprinkle grass.
Next update:

·
Mr. Olufsen
1,212 Posts
Hi Jupo,
Good work, nice to see your quality conciousness in every detail.
Br,
Christian

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have been thinking about this for a long time and I couldn't decide to do it. Finaly I tried it.

This is my inspiration:

This is the result:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey Jupovic,

A quick question about how you painted your track - did you use an undercoat or sealant on the MDF before the final colour track colour was painted?

Love what you've done with the detailing - looks supurb!!

Cheers,

1 - 20 of 62 Posts