SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
14,981 Posts
My club usually uses SSDC, but still the older one, as it seems more stable (and easy) for C7030 use. There are still some oddities about the new version I'm not fond of, but with a few more tweaks and feature additions, it will probably be the choice for us. PCLC has a lot of great features, but it lacks some others that we are used to, especially auto-track-call. There's an RMS that I sometimes use that was in development when the developer died, but it misses laps every once in a while (so we compare to the Lap Display), but it has a great race/heat rotation system that is easy to set up, randomizes the racers nicely, and is quick to do so.

The end result is that there isn't a "perfect" RMS for me, but SSDC is getting closer.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the penalty system on PCLP. Its makes you be more careful during a race and not deslot because in a close race it's not good having to come in and serve a 5 sec. penalty ( I know Andy is working on this feature). Also with PCLP if God forbid a lap is missed you can add back the lap missed

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I use pclc, like you slotcarguy I love the penalty system that encourages better driving instaed of the stop start of constant deslots.
Pclc has so many features, variations on color schemes which can make it visually stunning, endless data like:-

Car picture
Number of pitstops
time in pits
race time
fuel meter
total fuel used
Average fuel used
Fuel left
Gap
Reaction time
distance

and many others.
Also with the backup of excellent tech support, all in all a great piece of sofware that is worth every penny

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
As yet I don't use either but once I have finished my track build I will have to decide one way or another. It's very hard to know which to choose so I'll be watching this thread closely.

What would be wonderful is a YouTube video that shows each product through setup and a short race, shows the pit and refuel procedure etc...

Does anyone know of such vids?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Greg Gaub
14,981 Posts
There were a couple others that work on the old base, but only two work on the new one until Minardi's project comes out.
Ultimate Racer has had SSD in their list for a while, but it wasn't actually supported the last time I looked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts