SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I don't mind my dodgy photography being discussed Tropi.

Interestingly I have been following a thread on a motor racing message board at the moment about enhancing photographs particularly old and damaged racing photos from the 50s and 60s.

My original photograph of the Mercedes was taken at my cameras lowest quality setting, it was in poor ambient light and resized down to a 26KB 550 pixel web friendly picture for the forum. I'm just trying to explain the average quality of my photograph, the same camera produces stunning images at the upper end of it's settings range.

I sometimes do fix my pictures using Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition which is a basic package that was bundled with a scanner I had a few years ago.

Very interesting information from EM but I also concur with Rob's comments about retaining a period feel of the photograph.

My original picture

After two clicks for Instant Fix and Sharpen which took me about 10 seconds.

David

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I must thank Tropi for his comments on my photograph as it set me thinking.

I am a bit of a Luddite and hadn't really thought about editing my photos but after the little bit of fixing that I did with the Mercedes photo in this thread and by coincidence buying a new camera that came with Photoshop Elements 2.0 I decided to take a look at some of my old motor racing photographs.

I've got loads of Formula One 35mm slides as result of trudging around Brands Hatch and Silverstone for 30 plus years and I have scanned some of them but have never been entirely satisfied with the results.

Using Photoshop with just a couple of clicks taking a few seconds I can enhance this photo of Clay Regazzoni from this.....

To this.....

Once again thanks Tropi - the only problem now is I've now got hundreds more to tweak let alone cleaning up the thousands of scratches!

David

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I'll try a restoration job on an old family photo now I've seen your excellent work Nuro. On the other matter can you paint Ninco track grey with emulsion paint or similar or does it wear off with use?

Tropi I would also like to know which tools.

David

1 - 3 of 3 Posts