SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,266 Posts
it looks like there is no room for the tires to lower the nsu
Where there's a skinny tire. There's a way to slam bodies. Although I really dislike them. "Pie crust" tires fit just about everything. Especially with the inner hub ground off. Bill taught me that. Thanks again, Bill. :)

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Motor vehicle

Original chassis height on the left.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Four Dash coloured chassis arrived in the mail today. Now the choice of which supercar, race car, or muscle car with a missing chassis gets one of these cool new creations?

First up is a... Ryder truck? Wha, what?! Who the heck thought these would look cool flying down a track? With a trailer sliding around behind it no less? The yellow chassis looks nice. The rear tires are a bit tall.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Truck

Two CanAm bodies that have been boucing around without chassis. Each one got a matching colour.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Toy
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle

This Charger body has also been a floater in various boxes. The white chassis suits it. Silver is an odd colour for a car.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive parking light Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Every chassis came with a spare guide pin, and pair of traction magnets.

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Trueing urethane tires is like a hot knife cutting through room temperature butter. Trueing silicone tires is like a cold spoon trying to cut through frozen butter.

I may need to mount urethanes on this one. Chop, chop, hack, hack!

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Any silicone tire just smears and pushes away from the grinding wheel. Some say you need to freeze the tires first before trueing. I have had no luck trueing silicone tires. Mind you, silicones seem better made (more consistantly round even without trueing). So it has not affected me yet. Resizing HO tires is somewhat of a new challenge.

40-pairs of urethanes are in transit. (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts