SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bill Plude hey their just looked at your site and that looks bloody good must be nice to have all that space i had to make do with what i had .

look farward to more pics of the scenery.

best regards nik

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
we will expect an update in the new year (2008) judging by the 'stukk' in your track space (garage)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Those are Ninco Crash barriers and they work really good. I run the inside lane and on the end of that long straight I take pride in being able to give my sons the tail end of my car just about any time I want. LOL. They just ride along(or tumble around) the fence and come to rest on the track. Haven't had one on the wall or floor yet. Well worth the $14 US for 6 sections to protect my investments. I picked up 2 of my open wheeled cars today. Of course there are pics on the site. I'll be adding more just about every day. Should be quite a bit more stuff coming in. Got to get some lumber. Where's that N-Digital! LOL...... Not a big deal yet, I have pleanty of irons in the fire for now. One of the guys in another forum asked for a pic of the whole layout but I couldn't get back far enough so I made a panaramic collage'. There's a link to it on the 1st page.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank You. There's a lot more to the site though. I've commanded an online Delta Force squad since 1999, 75thMEU(Marine Expeditionary Unit). We've disbanded since the game got boring after all the versions that came out and all the cheaters. We had many matches with many squads from the world over. The site also has a good size section devoted to my fresh and salt water aquariums. And last but not least a section for my latest hobby my RC Trucks. I go by MGS on the site as well as my real name. All the graphics are mine as I'm the webmaster and only one with webaccess. All the flash movies are made by me. There is a section on the front page with a bunch of my flash movies in it. There are also links to the aquarium and RC truck sections. If you click on the "Roster" button then click on the "Bio Page" button next to MGS there are pics of me there. Here is the link to the Main Page of my site.
BEWARE, MUSIC, Turn your speakers down.......
My Main Website

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
Very nice track and building plans. But looking at the rustic wall behind the track....you may consider a fan or a heater because these moisture in the air, and Ninco track will not like that in the long run

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We just turned the furnace on and I have a dehumidifer down there now. I remember what a PITA cleaning the rails of my HO track was. I'm sure this won't be as bad but, that side of the house has needed a gutter system up on the overhang forever. The guy I used to work for does seamless gutters and is interested in buying my 1971 Fiat 124. He's offered me $2000 for it and it needs some minor work. I'm going to see if the landlord wants to work some kind of deal with me.

I'll be doing something with the track just about everyday. I'll post any changes here.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I picked up 4 new cars that I ordered from my RC guys store today and my son brought me some nice 3'x3' plywood pieces and 8 3' 2x2s. The 2x2 will be perfect for legs and doubled are exact height for the elevated straight 3". Good thing is he can get as much as I want legally. Heres a pic. There are more on my site including a couple pics of all my cars.

http://www.75th-meu.com/SlotCars9.htm

·
Rob
3,430 Posts
Bill it looks like you're having a lot of fun with the track, and you've certainly got the car bug.

The retaining walls look good, and you've given me some ideas for one of the problem areas on my track - thanks!

Keep the pics coming.

cheers,

Rob

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.