SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
I can't remember who has it at the bottom of their sig but there's a quote something like:

A: "Why the sad face?"

B: "The missus said it's her or the slot cars....

....I'm going to miss her."

Or you could try doing a deal - you won't buy any more cars than she has pairs of shoes and dresses in her wardrobe she hasn't worn more than once.

Or you could just hide them.

Simples!

·
Greg Gaub
14,663 Posts
Tell her as long as the bills are paid and there's food on the table and a roof over her head, what's the problem?
Also, I like the shoes/dresses thing. ;-)

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
QUOTE I like the shoes/dresses thing.

........ waaaaaaaaaaaaay to much information

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
You're all sounding very brave on the forum you could try mentioning about more slot cars as you leave at great speed but if your wife is as good as mine at throwing a frying pan like a javelin she'll bop you before the first corner a very wise Keith.

·
Registered
440 Posts
that sounds familiar...

I started last year, I thought I will have enough with 30 cars...I think I have close to 50 at the moment, it's so addictive.

You are not alone my friend!

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
My wife has no idea how many slot cars I've got.

Come to think of it, nor have I!!

Cheers

John

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
start with things like

1) it was a bargain
2) I needed this badly
3) ever seen these?
4) I sold a few to get my hands on this one
5) new? no repaired and send back!
6) I never said it but your eyes look lovely
7) fancy a quickie
8) you know prada is on sale this week

·
Registered
440 Posts
you can try with, "These cars wont lose value, and some of them will increase it"
.... some times works

·
Registered
468 Posts
I tell her if it weren't for the slot cars, I'd be blowing the money on whores and beer when I go on business trips.

Well... maybe I don't say that, I know better and am actually quite happy. She's a patient woman with the toys...

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I read this in a signature .........

The trouble with Chinese cars is .... you buy one and half an hour later .......... you fancy another

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
If you value your relationship then you will stop buying cars immediately. (Start a new paypal account, a new user name for ebay etc and then get everything delivered next door
)

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
QUOTE (vfr750 @ 3 Sep 2012, 19:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My wife has no idea how many slot cars I've got.

Come to think of it, nor have I!!

Cheers

John

Thanks for that John. I realised that I don't know how many cars I have and started to wonder.....

Pit box - 11. Silver equipment case - 25. Box in garage - 18. Cupboard in office -27. Other cupboard - way too many.

Good grief! Well over 100. And NO SHELF QUEENS other than the handful I'm selling coz I couldn't bring myself to race them and break them.

About 36 of them are chipped for ssd.

I've got it bad. Note to self - don't ever count cars again!

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
And then if I add all the body kits, chasssis components, motors......

I'm not going to live long enough to build them all and I still buy more

Cheers

John

1 - 20 of 63 Posts