SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Wowee! He,s certainly got a handle on that car. Wonder how they got permission to close the roads. I can just see the answer from the Met if i asked them to close central London, while i drove round it like a lunatic. Answers on a postcard. john

·
Circuit Owner
5,890 Posts
These things (movies etc.) are usually shot very early in the morning - usually on a Sunday and by the look of the video it was probably 5 a.m.

Do they have motorsport in San Francisco? It could be they took advantage of a street circuit set up for something. If not then video was probably set up and shot in stages with small sections of road closed for half an hour and yes he did get to rehearse and reshoot - the tyre marks from previous attempts at doughnuts around cones are obvious in a couple of shots. Mind you the stunt around the trolley cars was highly impressive and there don't appear to be any dents in them.

I don't suppose the residents of San Francisco were impressed with that racket at 5 a.m. - especially if it was shot over several Sundays!

He may be a mediocre rally driver but he really has a handle on that car and stunt driving - I wonder if the rally stars would be able to do what he does in those boxes by the water's edge?

G

·
I always thought Gymkhana was to do with horses trotting round a roped off bit of field!

I do remember Mr Croker I racing back from Northolt on a few accessions late at night and I almost lost my 1.4 Metro just after a roundabout, sort of west London Gymkhana….. I've growed up since then…sort of.

My mate Ken at Goodwood

Codemasters have a new game out with Mr Ken B featured with his fiesta, shame as I think they are moving away from Rally.

·
David H
3,724 Posts
Block may not be anything special as a driver, but as an entertainer he's excellent. View the video for what it is, a heavily produced and rehearsed bit of stunt driving concealing its primary purpose as an advert for Monster and DC Shoes, and it's enjoyable to watch. It's also a poke in the eye for all the humourless car haters and brainwashed "speed kills" lunatics, and for that we should all celebrate it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
granted...mr block is pretty average on a closed stage (well , keeping it on the stage) but as a showman he is certainly world class! if there were to be an automotive barnum and bailey he would surely be one of the star acts!! admittedly there many , many videos of classic and modern rallying that would blow this into a cocked hat but none the less this a must watch for any petrol head. personally i would love to tie a tree-hugger to a chair , prop their eyelids open (with freshly harvested hardwood matchsticks) and force them to watch this......over and over!!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Sorry guys,

That was awesome

However staged it has 22million hits when i watched it this morning.

Got to be a great advert for rally and the Ford Fiesta.

DrH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts