SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
9,697 Posts
Hymn to the Kako - wonderful!

Have seen these motors ever since my toys of the late 50s/early 60s. I had an Eldon set in 1962, but by then they had already switched to the Mabuchi 15R.

As found on ebay:

Mystery%20motor%20kako_zpsbyqvm7xl.jpg

And an early Eldon/Ungar:

UngarIndyinside_zpsc20449ad.jpg

Don

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where to begin? I own three smaller toppers tiger tanks and two full size tiger joe tanks. When I bought the tank pictured the eBay listing never stated the front axle tie downs broke away from the tanks body. Meaning the front wheels would bind and the tank would not move at all.. I fixed this by taking a crusader 101 gearbox and welding/grinding together a custom axle Fitting the tank wheels to the custom axle and bolting it to the tank. The motor mount plate now holds the axle Tight and that keeps the wheels straight. With the locked axle it looses the ability to turn left/right but at least it moves forward/reverse.. and 4wd with kako's is also neat.

Attachments

·
Administrator
9,697 Posts
Scguy,

Here's an ad for Kako motors from a British distributeur called RipMax, mostly for model boats I think. August 1959 issue.

Just out of curiosity, why did you put this under Thingies? Nary a thingie to be seen here... I can switch to another category if you want: Vintage or History.

Don

Kako motors Ripmax ad-MM0859.jpg

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts