SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Lola's on the go. Both are almost done. Just have to sort the windows and I'll shoot both cars. I pinned the etched wing parts with rivets. This will keep everything together if it comes off the track. Just the windows to go and then a general clean up. Cool model and very nicely made kit.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
Amazing detail, does this come in the kit or is it handmade by yourself? Either way I'm very impressed.

How do you paint your drivers eyes, any particular technique? I always have trouble with this part of a drivers face, the rest I'm ok with but the eyes....

Thanks,

Pete

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
Beautiful work!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
The kit is,I believe, by Fein Design. I have one myself (and a March 707) but not built to that astonishing standard...
TED....

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Do you know Chris,

You are becoming a significant health risk !!.

The number of aspiring model car builders who are getting frustratingly suicidal !!.

How can one match such painstakingly brilliant reproduction ??.

Just Magnificent.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (scudbong @ 24 Jan 2012, 11:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Amazing detail, does this come in the kit or is it handmade by yourself? Either way I'm very impressed.

How do you paint your drivers eyes, any particular technique? I always have trouble with this part of a drivers face, the rest I'm ok with but the eyes....

Thanks,

Pete

Painting eyes... take your time and use a very small brush. Get the flesh color on first and then use black paint dots for location of eyes. Once that's done work around the black dots. The black dots will help center the eyes. I'll mix brown with flesh color to get shadows and white with flesh for highlights.

Thanks lads for the cool comments - should have photos soon of both lola's

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Never mind just the eyes ! What about the seatbelt buckles ? and the sharpness of the stripes on the drivers overalls ?

Fantastic details.

Allan

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
What's amazing to me (apart from the build) is that these drivers could even see the road. That last photo shows that only the head was above the dash! How could they place the car with such little vision???

Andi

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
A great build, Bosmeck, and a great colour scheme. One of Jo Bonnier's cars. I built a 1:32 version in the 1970s (same race number too). Nowhere near your level, but it was always one of my favourites. It must look tremendous in 1:24 scale.
Rob J

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello Bosmeck,

Absolutly great and your way making details is beyond words............................
It seems that working in 1:24 scale opens much more possibilities for such finish.

Very best regards

claus

·
Registered
913 Posts
Absolutley stunning!

But are you sure you've got the firing order right on the distributor cap?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
finished... I glued the front windshield in and used rivets (no glue) to hold the side windows in along with the headlight lens. Had a real good time with this kit. I highly recommend Karl Heinz Hornberg slot body kits. Should have another set of photos soon on the blue street version of this car. Thanks for the thumbs up on the car... cheers!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts