SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have C7030 PBPro SH fed by a 13.8v 23A power supply from Dick Smith (Radio shack style in Aus) All works great.

I also have one of the newer 4Car PB with a C7024 15V PS. I was about to put them both on ebay, but wondered if I ought to hang onto the Power Supply to feed a C7042 in the future or will the 13.8v 23A one be right for the job? Am sure I don't need to switch urgently, but the new one is pretty!

Question is more about the power supply.

SD

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
as it stands at the moment with the news that apb will have a power upgrade it is possible to keep both psu.

As you are running pbpro with a big psu it makes sense to sell all the other stuff and keep the 23amp psu for the apb.You can use that right now if you want,and that is what i am running mine from,but you will need to sauce the jack plugs for the job though.

I had a look on the thread on here about after market psu's for the apb and got the ones that are made up and ready to go.Banana plugs into jack plugs,they are a plug and play option you may wish to have a look at.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the PSU running through to the two inputs on the old 4 car pb, so guess that covers the cables. Sounds like I might as well sell the other one and stick with main PSU.

Anyone else have a view?

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
Keep both, you will need standard one for the APB computer and a high power variable one for the APB power stage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.