SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
386 Posts
Hi

I have one being done as we talk. 3 hinge anglewinder.

"Pactron" is just buterate plastic. The body dates from 65 and "Lexan" was not in use yet.

The same car was done by Monogram in Hard plastic(my favorite), and in Buterate as a blister pack cover by MPC. I think "Shark" also did on.

The Nostalgia version was made by starting with the monogram. AND, John also "back converted' and produced the climax powered version out of it.

Fate

· Registered
386 Posts
Hi

The Lang was actually a cooper/monaco/king cobra rebody, an attempt at better aero.

Another version you can get is the later monogram body with the flared rear wheel arches. This is modeled after the "Purple People Eater", an effort by Nickey Ford and Jim Jeffords to put wider tires in '65 on one of the cars. The Nickey guys had originally run a series of Vettes(they were a chevy dealer), then bought one of the Scarabs (for $17,500!!), then this car, then a McLaren Mk2.

I am not sure that their flared version saw much action. I have a video of the '65 Nassau race where the car was running against the Chapaarall IIs.

Fate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.