SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

Kyosho launch in the UK at SlotFestival

UK Kyosho distributor, AEC, will be demonstrating the "Dslot43" 1;43rd Scale Slot Cars from Kysho at the UK Slotfestival at Gaydon (22nd May 2011).

On display will be 6 of the first releases including;

Porsche 911 GT3, Nissan GT-R, Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, Porsche Carrera GT, Porsche 962C LH, Mazda 787B.

Available to use (on the SCX track) will be two cars (Porsche 911 & Lamborghini Murcielago) with the standard motor configuration along with a Porsche 962C with the high speed motor (not available to all!)

AEC plan to begin distributing the Kyosho range from September this year.

Also announced is a new controller - details at the show.

The Kyosho Slot range incorporates the fine quality of their die cast models into the slot world.

A few videos follow;

·
Registered
576 Posts
Anyone got a good explanation for mounting the motor at a slight angle upwards in the Dslot?
Seems to counteract keeping the COG as low as possible. Also the motor seems small enough and
the rear wheels large enough to allow a "flat n' low" motor mount. What's the point of the angle?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
QUOTE (Chapman @ 16 May 2011, 11:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone got a good explanation for mounting the motor at a slight angle upwards in the Dslot?
Seems to counteract keeping the COG as low as possible. Also the motor seems small enough and
the rear wheels large enough to allow a "flat n' low" motor mount. What's the point of the angle?

It fairly common in 1/43 especially when using a larger motor like that one, the reason is the 1/43 wheels are so small that it's a bit challenging to get the motor down in-line with the axles. Old Artins angled theirs up as well. If you do get the motor all the way down and slammed to the track (which it would have to be), you will also be forced to have it sticking out of the chassis on the bottom and that's a big hole in a 1/43 scale chassis; it would need to be stiffened up somewhere, but they can't really support it much over the top, because the rear suspension member is over the top of the motor! If it were me I would probably slam the motor and beef up the sides of the chassis, Maybe even lose thae suspension, but the did not consult me!

·
Registered
987 Posts
Outof curiosity could they be Scaley Chipped? The pictures show no chip but I assume they would be digital in some form (hence the D).

·
Registered
331 Posts
so, these cars de-slot very easily or on purpose? lol

·
Ray
1,093 Posts
Interesting they have gone down the 1/43 track is there a market for this scale?

Ray

·
Registered
468 Posts
Interesting - not sure they are for me. Looks like these things cannot slide the tail out at all. I run mags on my 1/32s and I can slide all over my track these things look like H/O super Gs or something like that.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,742 Posts
I guess the dSlot - is because the bodies are based on their dNaNo range of RC cars
http://www.racednano.com/

Same reason for the cars being 1/43rd scale. dNaNo cars are 1/43 - hence they can get into slots without the need to produce new body mouldings.

I am interested in the details on the controller - indications are it is wireless.

Rakete - they are bigger than HO super G - they are a bit over 8cm long

cheers
DM

·
Registered
199 Posts
Will they be able to run on my clubtrack with a normal scalextric tranformer and Professor Motor-controllers?
They look pretty cool and if the price is right, it could be fun to add some of these to the "normal" 1/32 collection.

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Hi Dannyboy

The plan is after the weekend is to try the sample cars on a wooden club track and do review on the cars.

Will be interesting to see which 1/32 motors will fit in these cars and what performance we can get out of them.

If we get enough samples we will try on our SCX track with non magnet too.

Mudchukka.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,742 Posts
I have seen indications online of around 4000 yen so whatever that translates to in pounds, dollars or euros.
For me here in Australia around $46 - which is ~$10 less than a Scalextric car. I would probably buy the two 917k cars for that unless I heard bad reports on how they went magless on wood. (because that is what I have:))

DM

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Good price that DM.
If that`s the case I`ll get a couple of Porsches & try them on my Jouef layout, they`ll look great on there.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Judging by what I have seen so far these have had way more R & D then most any 1/32 cars get (outside of say NSR or Slot.it) I feel pretty sure they have given it the typical Japaneese thoroughness, so I will have no doubts they will perform very well! What I found interesting is one photo showed some SCX Compact cars next to the track (a couple Tuners) Yet I did not see any Carrera GO!!! Hmmm !? That should tell you something right there!!
The Compact cars run very well, so it would certainly seem that those were their benchmark performance wise. It would be cool to see them run in anger side by side!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
For some reason I find the idea of six of these little buggers zipping around on my SSD track very appealing.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts