Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a gander on this site to see what`s in the pipeline from Kyoshos DSlot43 range!!!

www.dslot43.co.uk

Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 1 May 2012, 16:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have a gander on this site to see what`s in the pipeline from Kyoshos DSlot43 range!!!

www.dslot43.co.uk

Cheers,
Kev

Sorry, but when I see the position of the front wheels of the "news" in their wheelarches I see my opinion confirmed - much noise for a lot of money but not for appropriate quality.
And a rather boring selection, if that is all.

It´s not my reading of such a highly praised firm as Kyosho to buy a new and not cheap model and first have to tweak it to get it right.

No, thanks.

Roland

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
£20 (or so) a lot of money for a slot car???
You are having a laugh?
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Kev, I believe these are actually D-slot chassis with Spark bodies! Not ure what it matters & I am not sure how that working relationship will happen!?

Will you buy a whole car or will the bodies be sold mearly as replacements? Will you need to buy another rolling chassis & will you be able to do that?

It's an interesting wrinkle! When Kyosho jumped into the slot car Thang, they cast a pretty wide net and contacted just about everyody in the business with the idea of partnering up! At first it seems pretty Naive and predictably most of the major players spurned them; some like SCX may be regretting that decision now! Anyway I guess Spark was wise enough to see an opportunity when it presents itself so it will interesting to see what happens!

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point Masmojo...the Aston DBR9 & Corvette c6 look interesting.

The dealer has told me that Kyosho is currently moving production to another factory , then more cars will be released.

I`m waiting for a Porsche 917k & I`ll let you know what it`s like.

Cheers,
Kev.

·
Registered
336 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 1 May 2012, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>£20 (or so) a lot of money for a slot car???
You are having a laugh?
Cheers
Kev

Well it depends on what claims you have to a slotcar and what you are willing or able to pay. For what I saw on the "news" photos and what I read about necessary work before you are able to run a first acceptable lap ( I think of non - mag racing ) even 20 pounds are too much. My opinion, not more. Anyway - I´d be interested in the bodies only.
BUT : What policy is this - the complete model costs 29,90 Euros here in Germany, the single body costs 24,90 Euros.

The bodies are of course really excellent.
How much are they in the UK ?

I think Kyosho is clever and experienced enough to further develop their models.
And they are the first ones to release 43rd scale slotcars that one can call "scale". I don´t forget that.

Roland

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 2 May 2012, 10:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good point Masmojo...the Aston DBR9 & Corvette c6 look interesting.

The dealer has told me that Kyosho is currently moving production to another factory , then more cars will be released.

I`m waiting for a Porsche 917k & I`ll let you know what it`s like.

Cheers,
Kev.

O.K. Well the Aston and the Corvette are D-nano bodies, so we should see them soon I would guess, BUT the Mercedes and a couple of the others are not currently available in D-nano. Those would be the Sparks

Here is a list of Current D-nano bodies that have NOT made it to D-slot yet.

SKYLINE GT-R V-SPEC II NUR R34
FERRARI 360 MODENA
NISSAN GT-R R-35
MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO X M
McLAREN F1 GTR
FERRARI FXX
LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO
Lancia Delta HF
Motul Autech Z 2007
Aston Martin DBR9
Corvette C6-R

I think there is also a couple that have been retired and do not show up on the Kyosho website (could be wrong about that)
I don't imagine we will see either of the ferrari's anythime soon, buut still enough to keep the plant busy for the next year or so. Maybe two if you consider reliveries of cars like the 917 and the 962. Maybe some racing versions of the 911 and the Audi?

Pretty exciting stuff really

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Certainly is exciting Masmojo.
I think that the LeMans Mazda is the next one due for release.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
336 Posts
I´ve just had another look at Dslot43.co.uk and was really surprised to see that the bodies cost only a bit more than half as much as here in Germany. Good to know...

Roland

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Hi Kev

The Mazda in two liveries and the Porsche road car in two colours will be the next cars to come out.

These should be in the UK in June.

Been testing there wire less controller and it is really good.

Mudchukka

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info Mudchukka!

I think Roland may be a fan of dslot now???

Cheers
Kev

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Should have the Ball Race Bearing in stock for the Kyosho in the next few weeks.

You going to the Slot Festival Kev ?

If so come try our Fastest Lap Track out with the Dslot cars, first prize is a one-off car specially made by one of the Kyosho Engineers for me.

Mudchukka

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately not Mudchukka.....christening to attend that day!
I first saw your cars at last years festival on an SCX track I believe.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Yes that was us

Doing things a little different this year.

Nice big track for Kyosho ! will post some pictures later on in the week.

Mudchukka

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
£20 in the UK, that`s not a lot to pay for the quality I can see...
Cheers
Kev

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Hi Kev

No we aren't using the Kyosho track at show as there aren't the radius's available yet.

Very shocked at the comment "way too much money for so little Quality" but if you have seen them and raced then I value your comments and will send them to Kyosho.

Mudchukka

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
for me the quality of the concept is not up to date with the price. the execution is fine.
But the ride height of the 917 is not good, way to high and you can´t lower the body in the front end. front wheels not able to touch the track.
riding height is also an issue on the 962, way off scale.
the quality of the parts is good, the concept is what´s wrong. who mounts a motor at an upward angle?
Peter

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think that Kyosho have brought us some very attractive cars at a fair price, that may even help develop 1/43 club racing in the UK.

But the large motors and black windows take 1/43 right back to the cheap and cheerful Artins and similar that have been so much use to us for remotoring and making more accurate models with. The Dslot does not even appear to offer us the option to fit a smaller motor and more interior detail.

So, good for club racing but no use to the scale modeller, but nice try and I look forward to the mark 2 Dslots.

Regards, Lloyd

1 - 20 of 25 Posts