SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just arrived...runs very smooth...Scaley has done a decent job in front motor department

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yes for reason unknown Scaley chose to put out the "plain white" version before the painted versions. Talking with Scaley U.S.A today and even they aren't sure why. His comment to me was that perhaps it was done so that the reviews could be put out on the plain ones as far as running gear and performance is concerned and maybe drum up that much more interest in them when the painted ones hit the shelves......

As far as the lights go... the L88 had flip open headlight covers that didn't help aero effcts very much for racing. Teams typically took those off and replaced them with plexi covers with a little less wind resistance..

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Oh No!

That smashing noise you here off to the left is me breaking into the kid's piggy banks for slot car money.

But wait! Why should I feel guilty? What do they need money for anyway? They only waste it on... toys.

BTW, great period workshop picture. I only feel sorry for the guy with the bar up his ar....

Scott

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
QUOTE feel sorry for the guy with the bar up his ar....
Damp concrete floors - a very necessary therapy
I believe it is actually a pile driver.

I'm not fond of polls (!) but I would be curious to know the general feeling about plain white cars as an alernative to pre-liveried versions.
Are they viable in Europe?
If not, why not?
And why might USA favour them more than Europe?
Or is this not the case?

·
Slot City
331 Posts
The plain white Corvette is being released in the UK. I believe that only a very limited number are being brought over, though I would guess this could just be to test the market.

If they are popular, I'm sure more will be brought over.

As to why they might be more popular in the US, I don't know. I would tend to agree with it though, we don't get many enquiries about them, and the previous ones don't seem to generate that much interest (on eBay for example).

This would suggest that the main Sport editions are imminent though.

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
There's more of a tradition of kit building/reliverying cars in the US I was told by a chap who lives there. I guess the same car/many liveries that is NASCAR has a lot to do with it.

I think if decals were more obviously marketed here it might be different.

Scott

·
DT
5,195 Posts
A scene from the AIR 1968 series:

I was reading through that website looking at the American International Racing 1968 Corvettes.

The idea I had was to take a few of the white Scaley L88's and do an AIR L88 series. The information on these sites is enough to do it well.

Although the 2 Sport models coming out soon look cool - and I have the 2 on order, I'd be more interested in the historical aspect of the AIR cars.

One of the new Scalextric Vettes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts