SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
redstar
1,585 Posts
Hi,

Here's a late 1950s French vibrator set. The two cars are small and seem to be made of a resin material. One end of the track is attached to the adjustable transformer and the other end is strapped to the end of a table. You turned on the transformer and the cars would race around the track - but not very fast !
I wonder what cars these represent? I think this is a rather rare set; I bought it around 8 years ago. This company also made a later set which i also have and which has been on SlotForum.

Thanks,
Bernard

·
Premium Member
5,161 Posts
Bernard,
I know about these sets, and indeed the cars are as slow as a Citroen 2CV! i THINK that the bodies were inspired by the Gordini sports car issued in 1955, but only vaguely.

·
Administrator
9,689 Posts
Just for reference, here's the later set. Some of these early French sets were really "artisanal" as they say...

Don

·
Registered
402 Posts
HI

i am trying to remember if we had something like this over in the States. For most of this .... this sort of vibrator arrangement meant American football with two teams of players on a football "field." You set up your teams and then turned it on and watched them go until one of the players on the defense rubbed up against the player on the offense with the ball. Great fun. I assume there was a race set .. but maybe not.

all my very best,

Charles

1 - 6 of 6 Posts