SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just sent the email to the forum admin, so hopefully the review may well be appearing soon
Enjoy! Oh, and here's a shot of the correct way to get in a Countach

Mark.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
great review!

hey diff - do you have the proteus and auto-art versions of the murcie? If so, are they the same size as each other? I have the proteus version and it seems large compared to the countache (not by much) and I think it looks larger than the murcie pictured in your review.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!

Astro - I have looked at both Proteus and Aa versions of the Murcie. The proteus version seems larger and it does not narrow towards the front of the car in plan view, unlike the Aa one. The Countach was/is a smaller car anyway I think. Anyway, I may soon be obtaining a secondhand silver Proteus Murcielago
.....wonders if the Wife's ban on slot car buying extends to s/h models too?

Mark.

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

Thanks for the review difflock. Personally I would have liked to have more in depth article, such as: AutoArt Lancer Review at SI

Guide was not mentioned, what´s the depth, length, does AA supply spares with the car?
Lancer had polarity switch, apparently Lambourghinis don´t have it ?
Would be nice to have close-up pictures of gear setup, can gears be replaced with scalex standard sidewinder gears?
Colour of lights, scalex yellow or pure white?
Apparently lights don´t stay on?
How much one has to do work to install driver figure, hard or easy job?
Missing interior pics too.

It´s always nice to read a review of a new car and I realize that it takes time and effort to write something like this. Technical part added a nice touch. Thanks again for the review, hope that you don´t take my comments as too hard criticism.

Julius

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the constructive criticism lordjw, I'll try & address your questions:-

I mentioned that the boxes have 2 spare guides supplied underneath them (round about the part where I was unpacking the car). Guide slightly deeper than a scaley guide I'd say.

Yes, Lambo's do have a polarity switch, sorry.

Gear replacements - don't know sorry.

"xenon" (white lights)

lights depend upon power supplied.

Astro has installed a driver in the Countach and detailed the surgery on SF

Interior is welded to the body - I didn't cut the car apart (I may do that later
)

I hope this helps. As you can tell, I'm not a journalist working for a slotcar magazine
Once the question of a review (of sorts) reared its head, I felt that I had to sort one out pretty sharpish as there were more and more threads and pics turning up on the forum.

7/10 could do better next time

Mark.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
note on the lights - they have one big led for the front, and one for the rear, and use clear plastic light-guides to take the light to the outside of the car. The front lights are the small lights on the bumper, not the lights on the top. On my car, and with my track/psu set-up, they might as well have not bothered, because the lights are very dim.

They vary in brightness with throttle and go off with the power.

As for installing a driver - my experience was: opening the car up - pretty easy. Installing the driver - fairly difficult because the driver was far to big and required major alteration to fit and still look natural.

PS - the lights in the sig are photoshopped, they are not the ones that really light up

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You haven't re-sprayed your Countach already? You heathen!
(Photoshop car body repairs no doubt!)

Astro - have you noticed the lack of brakes? Well, I'm trying to get that sorted via some Slot-it gears - just need to ream out the gear to fit the Aa axle. I'll keep ppl posted.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Sorry Sir Diff, I read the review, even though the car has zero appeal to me, and was a little disappointed at the lack of meat to it.

Think I might have liked a few more shots of the 1:32, too.

And that pink car surely has an impressive windscreen wiper!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No worries Wankel. Hopefully, I've tried to redress some of the shortcomings in the review (
lordjw). Yep the wiper is impressive, as is the 1:1 version. It's a pantograph-type arrangement. It apparently lifs clear of the screen once you go past 140 mph, so no giving it plenty in the wet ok?

Mark.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Mine arrived today.

The lack of traction was a little frustrating, as the Murci is an awesome performer.

Maybe they should have made the 5000 a 4-wheel drive like the Murci just to improve the performance... I think I may do a belt drive upgrade to it.

The car is very well detailed - but sits far too high - and looks for all the world like the Laredo Offroad version ...

I forsee a 5000S refinish in my futrure so adress this issue.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
ride height looks about right to me:

the scale (length width height wheelbase) also seems bang on 1:32 (i thought it had been modelled to small - in real life it seems much wider and flatter)

·
Registered
85 Posts
I guess proportion is simply in the eye of the beholder..

The AutoArt car just doesn't sit like a Countach for me...

The real deal...
IMAGE REMOVED - I'm tired of sharing with nay-sayers

The mini deal...

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IMHO it's just the compromise so that the model can be a slot car. If Aa had extended the bodywork (white) downwards a little bit further then I reckon the car would have looked more like the real thing as per the photos. However, it's the only mass produced Countach slot car available and Aa have done a good job as regards the proportions on the rest of the car.

Nice bit of photography, RC

Mark.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.