SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an email from Pendleslot:- The Aa Lamborghini Countach cars (red & White) ARE IN STOCK!!
I need to go and collect my white one asap. Cheers, Sean! Miami Vice here I come!

Mark.

·
Registered
325 Posts

Same problem as Rob... cant afford!

I could also do a review...remember who ran a website for your junior club for almost 2yrs?

I've also got a surname to match... *thinks of Don Johnson*

I'll leave it with you,
Don...i mean, James

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cool, been waiting for these to come out (along with the rest of this years AA releases). However, I'm a bit put off by the performance of the scooby and evo.

Anyone care to provide a quick review of these lambo's? I'm really tempted but don't want a shelf queen that I can't run.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (kevin hunter @ 23 Jun 2004, 16:02)Didnt Tubbs & Crockett drive around in a Ferrari Testarossa?

The AutoArt Countach does look a great car mind you !!

Well it was a fake black Daytona, but I believe a Testarossa did appear in some of the series, as did a white Countach. Wasn't the Countach owned by Phil Collins' character?

Could be the start of a new niche market for slot cars! As for slot boats... well it was Miami vice

Mark.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If memory serves me, I believe the Daytona was blown up at the end of the 1st or 2nd season. They did drive a Testarossa in the final seasons of the show. I also believe Mr. Collins did have the white Countach during his part of the show.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (The Muffin Man @ 23 Jun 2004, 19:56)Cool, been waiting for these to come out (along with the rest of this years AA releases). However, I'm a bit put off by the performance of the scooby and evo.

Anyone care to provide a quick review of these lambo's? I'm really tempted but don't want a shelf queen that I can't run.
On the cards Muffin... Just have to wait a while. Although check out the thread re: the Murcielago. I've posted a quick summary on that.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Mine arrived this morning courtesy of Pendle (thank you Pendle).

Thanks for the release heads-up peeps, placed an order for one after reading this thread, I too purchased the White Countach, nothing to do with Miami Vice though (only knew of the Testarossa) I blame it on a rather duff poster which adorned my bedroom wall of the exact same car when I was a young nipper.

Super cool car, looks like a model diecast rather than a slot car (no doubt being a road car & containing no driver helps this perception) really like the detail, and the shape looks spot on in comparison to the photo's etc.

With regards to no driver figure, I can see Autoart's point. For example, say Autoart had fitted a character which turned out to look like a mong; it would just ruin the overall appearance of the car (on a shelf).

Despite the above reasoning, I still miss the little person though. I am currently debating which driver to purchase & fit. Competition drivers look kinda daft in road cars (that's just me) so options are limited somewhat. Personally swaying towards the Ninco road car driver rather than the Carrera Terminator dude, although it looks as though it might be a little snug in there!

According to the box, the car is 4 wheel drive with headlights and I have to confess, I am not exactly sure what the other logo is... erm, brake lights? I'll let somebody else who has run the car clarify these details. I would be intrigued to see if it has rear lights too, and more importantly looking forward to seeing if the guide issue which haunted the debut Autoart cars has been resolved?

The car is a sidewinder set up, so not sure about the 4 wheel drive icon on the box is all about. This SW layout came as no surprise, mainly judging by the amount of cockpit detail, which must take up a fair portion of the chassis & for looks alone it pays off, it is top notch.

However, the best bit personally, is the wheels and tyres. I have no idea how much grip the tyres provide, but for tread pattern and appearance… cool. (Sorry I appreciate these sort of comments don't go down well with the performance crowd, but for a detail buff... heh)

Appearance criticisms? Well, the paint is applied nice and thick, but there are blemishes (the underside of the spoiler) with what appears to be faint black smudges dotted about, particularly noticeable on a brilliant White car and when really looking for faults, the other colours probably do not have this fault?

Sadly no review or feedback on how the Countach drives although itching to give the car a run, unfortunately unable to drive it until Wednesday (club night) however no doubt there will be some feedback by then.

Competition cars would usually be my first choice any day, however if road cars are produced to this standard, then I can see more and more being adding to the collection, particularly looking forward to the Muira, Porsche 911/996 and concept Murcielago Spider.

In the meantime, a couple of (big) pictures, sadly no David Bailey here.

Best regards,

Jamie.

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I can confirm the car definately has a side winder motor fitted and the gearing is very smooth. A note of caution if using on a magnet track i would either remove the magnet fitted at the rear end of the chassis or the car will be likely to pull wheelies
or add another suitable magnet towards the front of the chassis to give some downforce on the guide..
Sean

·
Jim Moyes
5,043 Posts
Just went to have a quick peek at Seans site and noticed that the AutoArt Pug 206s are out too.

Scrolled down a little further and.........I can hardly contain my excitement.........there are some classic Jags in the AutoArt pipeline! Namely C-Type, D-types and E-type! The second two are available(or will be) from other slot firms but a reasonably priced RTR C-type is definitely overdue!

We need to know more, Sean!

Mr.M

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a couple more shots (the 4wd must be a misprint from the Murcielago box):-

They've fitted a plug for the lighting wires, unlike the Murcielago

Mark.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The tyres are the same as the Murcie ones - ie. 5H1T3 !! However, thanks to the rather high central rim on the wheels I may try dosing them with WD40 etc in an attempt to get them to perform, otherwise it will be a pain to get proper rubber to fit - Nick and I tried some tyres in the shop when I bought the car, but Ninco nor proslot nor gb track ones would fit.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No worries, however it looks like the actual interior (seats, dash etc.) have been weled in rather than screwed in like the Murcielago.

Mark.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts