Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

i just discovered that Auto Art also make a Murcielago. I've been looking at the Proteus version (on website since there is no place near me that I can try it out) and I'm very close to buying.

Does anybody know the two versions and perhaps could give me some advice on what to buy. I want a beautyful car but for racing not for display.....

Morten

·
Registered
329 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 11 Aug 2004, 19:34)I'm going to test the two versions next week tuesday if you can hold on that long.
Intresting, I have an idea.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I find my cars need tyres whatever track I run on...

Hmm, this might explain that traction problem I was having. My train didn't have tires and it did OK but these slot cars must be different. Hmm

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hi,

I've both cars and definitely prefer the Aa model! The Proteus is slightly faster but the Aa is cheaper and has working front and rear lights.

·
Registered
82 Posts
At our local wooden track with Magnabraid, the Auto-Art cars are currently ruling the roost. I did a lot of online research and selected the Proteus model.

Unfortunately mine came with square rims and tyres, so I have taken a few steps backwards already. I replaced them with wheels and tyres from another Proteus model, the Pregunta (Sp ?). This has resulted in some other issues, with different axle sizes and so on....

Net result, the Auto-Art version seems to be slightly lighter than the Proteus one, and handles slightly better on our track - which defies the overseas tests.

I must point out, the local guys immediately remove the 4WD mechanism from the Auto-Art model. This lets the car run a lot better.

Here in SA, the pricing definately favours the Auto-Art model.

Fit and finish between the 2 cars is comparible.

Hope that helps.

T

1 - 11 of 11 Posts