SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fine gentleman - a real pal here from www.slotforum.com - just send me a second hand resin body of a Lancia D50 1955 version complete with seperate tanks, outboard oil coolers etc. My friend tells me it is an old "Mac Pinches Add" body long time out of production.

This makes me reflect once more: Is it really a fact that NOBODY out there offers a descent resin/fibreglass version of this more than famous Formula One car form the golden years of 1954-55?

Please be aware that I am NOT searching for the Lancia-Ferrari D50 version from 1956.

/Holger

·
Registered
183 Posts
Dave Jones shows one on his list of available shells. I was lucky enough to get one of Mac's last kits and have been holding onto it untill my building skills rival the quality of the body kit. Ken

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ken - 3 weeks ago I send an e-mail to [email protected] (Dave Jones) but so for no reply what so ever. So this seems not to be an option for me.

By "one of Mac´s last kits" I believe you refer to "Mac Pinches"? Unfortunately this is not a brand known to me.

/Holger

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
circuitlaps/Holger

Mac Pinches used the name PreAdd for his excellent range of grand prix car bodyshells. You will find details of all the cars he produced on Mark Gussin's website although sadly Mac no longer makes the shells.

Mark Gussin

Dave Jones does do the 1955 D50 and is still in production. The email address you quote in your post is correct and he will get back to you although I know he is taking a break during the summer but it will be worth the wait as his D50 shell is superb.

I hope this helps

David

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David - thanks a lot. Looking at the Mark Gussin page I can only say it is a pity these shells are not available any longer.

But I will be patient and hope for a Dave Jones reply. His shells seems to be superb as well.

/Holger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts