SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of resin (Team Slot) Lancia Delta S4 bodies that I'm about to start prepping, painting, finding decals, etc, etc, etc (all the stuff that will no doubt take me months longer than anticipated). I'm looking to do Alen's 1985 RAC car, and Toivonen's 86 MC winner. However, where I really need some advice on is what chassis to go for.

I've a mind to use an MSC MonteCarlo chassis but can't for the life of me find anyone that's got them in stock. Another option could be HRS. And finally there could already be a donor car out there whose chassis would be a good fit both in dimensions and performance.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Don

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback! Really really useful. I'm always so impressed by how quickly and enthusiastically people respond to my (sometimes rather novice) questions.

Slim - it sounds like the HRS chassis will just be too wide - but I'll check.

highbarn - MSC inline could be a better bet. I'll take the chassis from my 6R4 and see if it fits. Not sure of the wheelbase (another measurement to make!) but thanks for the tip about Avant Slot.

PeteN - great tip about the Ninco Seat Cordoba. This could actually be the cheapest route to take and if I get the 4WD even better

On a more general note, has anyone ever produced a list of chassis/wheelbase dimensions for different slot cars? It would be a fantastic resource when trying to match a decent chassis to a body (e.g. resin or just a plain rubbish handling car. Without a huge selection of cars to physically measure, I'm always struggling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts