SlotForum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,629 Posts
... and now, the competition version, with Martini Stripes of course. I decided to open up the window apertures and then realised that I would need to have a replica of the engine visible in the back window. What to do? The superchrged inline 4 of the original cars is a bit out-of-date. A transverse Ferrari V6 or V8 would echo the Stratos heritage but also seemed outdated. Conversation with the designer (NikS Linky) finalised the decision on a modern V6 and specifically the Fiat Chrysler Automobile unit that superceded the well known Alfa (Busso) V6. Of course not much of the engine is visible and the hybrid bits are mounted low down, but its the thought that counts.

Leo

Edit:- @Rikorocket - this one has the interior
innocent.gif

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Video: -

[youtube-b]wWI-5RkV2Yg[/youtube-b]

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
181 Posts
Awesome design and execution Mike, I hope one day to have a crack at doing something similar, this thread may actually fire me up to pull my finger out and stop daydreaming about it...we'll See!

Fantastic presentation of you car Leo, very well done!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Hi Guys, please excuse the thread bump, but I felt compelled to write a response despite the nearly 16 month gap, as for some unimaginable reason I have completely missed all the entries on page 2 of this thread. Thanks for all the positive comments, they are hugely appreciated.

Absolutely massive thank you to Leo (scuderia_turini) for taking the plunge and for the huge belief in this little project - seeing the cars take shape and evolve and our discussions on the subject with him, have been an immense inspiration for me.

All the very best, stay safe and well everyone.

Nik

21 - 26 of 26 Posts