SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,267 Posts
QUOTE (McCrash @ 13 May 2012, 00:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i've got a teamslot lancia stratos with a rear axle that will slip. if i push the axle so the gears are hooked up properly it runs nicely, but one of the rear wheels sticks out like the fa cup handles. when the axle slips, the gears get stuck and thats going to wreck the gears, but the rear wheels are then in line. i could slip some spacers onto one side of the axle to stop it slipping side to side but then i have a lancia "crabbing" stratos
and wrecked gears.
has anyone sorted this problem out easily or will it mean trying different pinions or changing the axle and gears? don't really want to change the the standard wheels cos i think they look right for a stratos.
thanks
mark

So I may understand. I'm looking at this

You can shim the axle but then it is off centre?
If the wheels are wider than the body don't you need to cut down the axle so you can center the axle with the wheels the correct width.

If you use Chuppa Chup sticks you don't need to remove both wheels.

If the gear is incorrectly aligned don't you need to move it?

Maybe I'm just having a dumb day

· Registered
3,267 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 13 May 2012, 19:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>with Ninco Porsche 911 rear tyres (20x11)

Off Topic but I like these tyres a lot.
If they are the same as on the 934.

· Registered
3,267 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 14 May 2012, 14:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>but the Martini colours 934 has different rear wheels with different size tyre, and yes they are good tyres -

OK I'v got the Martini road version with black wheels not the Martini rally version with white wheels. It has slicks not ribbed like the rally car. Is there a different part number or code for these slick tyres as opposed to the normal 934 tyres?

BTW:I took the fronts off and use them on the rear of my Sloter / MB slot white kit Lola

· Registered
3,267 Posts
QUOTE (McCrash @ 15 May 2012, 20:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>V8Vantage - i don't have the proper tools for the job and i couldn't think of any way to move the crown gear without damaging it. the way the crown gear was on i didn't think i'd be able to move it. any idea's how to move it would be greatfully recieved!

ncng - hope all goes well with ur kit! atleast you'll be upto speed with any fixes u may need to do before u build it lol

Sorry I'm too late

Something like vicegrips or a vice to hold the axle or a piece of wood with a hole in and a hammer. Or pliers in a vice sometimes works.
Knurling is the word you are looking for and with knurled axles it as you have discovered is very difficult.
It's a pain when one breaks something and I should know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.