SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a long delay, while waiting for the arrival of the SSD pit lanes and Xlc's (due any day now !!) those hard working landscapers of mine have returned ,this is my first attempt at any sort of landscaping and I have still got a long way to go ,but now the pit lane design is finalised thier is no holding back

trees ,grass ,pitbuildings and all those good things to come , open to any suggestions you might have
I have heaps more pics of the build so far, if this proves to be of interest I will post them upon request
sax

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Fantastic!
I agree with Bleep - more pics and 600 pixels wide please

Are you going to paint the track? It would look excellent blended in a little, even if only dry brushed at the edges to feather the sand effect in.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Perfect for pic size!

Any bigger and some people can't see all of the picture on their screen, much smaller and it is hard to pick out details.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Sax,
Love the idea for the pitlane, your making your own pit lane curves as well good on you I had to do that too, why scaley haven't brought out different radii is beyond me
There is just so many ways this could be used?............

This is going to be a beautiful circuit once complete keep them photos coming

QUOTE (Swissracer @ 24 Mar 2006, 12:03)sand effect.

Humm I wonder why Mr Swiss

·
Registered
390 Posts
looks amazing. I can't wait to move and start building my landscaped layout.

are you leaving some sections so you can put in the slc's when they are avalible to you in Aus?

I finally just broke down and bought 4 from the UK instead of waiting...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
at the moment I will be getting 8 straight lane changers , 4 will be used as pit bays and the rest around the circuit , as far as track borders are concerned I don't like the scaley ones , so I have either molded them into the scenery or made them out of mdf
here's a pic from feburary that shows the size of the table which is 6.5m x 2m and the table raises to the roof as well

and another showing the table in the up position its an older pic as you can see the computer has the eurovision song contest on ?!!?? and before the 1m extension was added

will take some clearer pics today of its current state
sax

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
waning warning !!!!!!
do not try the R1 inner pit lane entry , its to tight for some cars, go slow and the cars drag them selves to a stop , go faster and you spit yourself off into the distance , I have now converted it to an R1 outer , much smoother flow at lower speeds , pics of altered entry will follow shortly
sax

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.