SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to adjust the amount of time a LC flipper stays open? I installed the first of the lane change boards on my Ninco track just like the illustrated one in the manual. During testing I noticed that it worked most of the time, but when I was going slow to moderate speeds, the flipper would not stay open long enough for the car to change lanes. Most of the cars that I plan to run do not have magnets, so the cornering speeds are relatively slow. I am concerned that if I have the pit entry directly after the final curve the car will not be going fast enough to enter the pits; and I worry that my grand kids will not be going fast enough (after tuning down the voltage or limiting the speed from PC Lapcounter) anywhere on the track to change lanes successfully. I will continue to install more LC boards and do some more testing with LC positioning (ie. towards the end of the straights).

Is anyone else having an issue with this?

btw, I am extremely happy on how everything works together. The controller and car response is so much better than the Ninco Digital system. The cars drive more like they did in analoge mode - only better.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I installed two more LC boards to my Ninco track last night, including my pit entry section, and they worked perfectly. The flippers stay open about 1/2 second or so (just guessing) which is plenty of time for fast or slow cars. I am still curious about what controls the time interval, because the first LC board that I installed opens and closes so fast I am surprised any car makes it through. That faster interval works fine at higher speeds but not always at slower speeds. I don't really think the faster flipper will hinder our racing since I will probably just put that LC at a faster section of the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts