SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had this issue? It just happened in the middle of a race. The flipper recognized when a car passed it and opened up, but it never closes after that. I just got this set a couple days ago and it's basically been run about a total of an hour so I'm hoping there is a quick fix

·
Greg Gaub
15,386 Posts
Try backing the screws on the panel behind the flipper a half turn or so. It could be on too tight.
If that doesn't help, open it up and look around for a broken wire, or if the little arm in the solenoid has come out of the black plastic bar that moves the flipper. That happens sometimes, and will make it so the flipper only goes one way.
Look for any other obstructions while you're in there. It should move freely in both directions.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I had this problem as well and I'd say a few others have also. Try all of the above first but what fixed my flippers was adding a touch of oil to metal bar of the solenoids, you only need the tiniest amount and my flippers have moved freely ever since.

Matt

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll try the different suggestions tonight.

On a side note, Hornby CS told me to power down, detach the LC piece completely, then reconnect it and power back up. They said someting about interference that sometimes occurs. I'll try their simpler suggestion first but I am in no way crossing my fingers on that!

Thanks again

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I opened it up last night and indeed the hook had popped out of the hole. It appears as though there were little fragments of tape meant to "secure" the hooks in position but they obviously didn't do the job. I was hesitant to put glue there (also because superglue always breaks up after some use) so I took some of that sticky putty that is used to adhere posters onto walls and stuck it into the holes, then put the hooks back in and it worked great (I actually tried some tape first but it failed after one race).

One suggestion to anyone in the future with this problem. The little hooks can be a pain to get into position. What really helped me to manipulate the hooks was using a magnetic tip screwdriver. I could just touch it to the top of the hook and move it right into position very easily. This is easier than using a tweezers or whatever else imo.

Thanks all, I'm back to racing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts