SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thinking of integrating Oxigen into my wood track.

I've been put in touch with someone who is going to be making a lane change flipper device with a solenoid. I wasn't sure if this would work with Oxigen though. Is there an Oxigen component that will work with the solenoid/flipper for an Oxigen lane changer or am I kind of stuck with trying to integrate a Scalextric (or other digital brand) LC into my wood track?

Thanks,

Pete

·
Greg Gaub
14,653 Posts
You can buy the oXigen Lane Change board. It powers the solenoids directly, and can work in a couple different modes. You would not need to purchase any SSD parts to install O2 into a track such as the example above.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Correct. The LC O2 board will do what you need. We are currently checking some solenoids in order to provide it as a spare part. Besides, also working on a complete integrated module for routed tracks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 1 Aug 2012, 02:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are currently checking some solenoids in order to provide it as a spare part.

If you can help me find a solenoid that is a match size to the one's found in the Scalextric SSD X-Over, I'll definitely buy the O2 LC board for my project to convert my SCX-D track to SSD / O2. (I know what some of you are thinking but it will work to make the SCX-D mechanical changers into electronic one's).

I'm having a very difficult time finding a pull type solenoid with the body diameter of 1/4" (6mm) that would fit nicely under my track. So any help would be appreciated.

Dave

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE Besides, also working on a complete integrated module for routed tracks.

Maurizio, any news about the estimated time of release?

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 1 Aug 2012, 11:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are currently checking some solenoids in order to provide it as a spare part.

Hi, did this finally happend? I am converting my friend's SCX-D (SDS here in Spain)) into oXigen. We have allready a few lane changers working allready but we are using ninco solenoids for now and I was wondering if it's possible to buy them from slot.it or we could know any solenoid reference that could be simillar in shape and size to ninco's.

Thank you very much!

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Richard,
we are still working on this: we hoped to be able to provide rapidly a solution for wooden tracks, but it hasn't happened yet as we didn't get the answers we needed from the supplier. In any case, give me until next Monday and I will let you know. I also know that we've tried some PECO solenoids and they can be driven by our driver.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks, I will wait patient for any news.

Do you know by any chance a ref. for any PECO solenoid compatible with the O2 driver? are they small?

Regards!

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
It's a PECO PL-10. As it's double effect, you need to add your own spring (probably a rubber band can do).
In any case, our driver can do up to 3A

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
You can use either one of the solenoids in the PECO unit. Each solenoid has got two pins (one is doubled, but electrically it's only one), use them as if it was any other (Ninco, Carrera, etc...) coil.

Regards
Maurizio

1 - 14 of 14 Posts