Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to attempt separetly powering my straight lane changers. does anyone know if I can power 10 of them of one of the standard c7042 P/S or how many can be powered off 1 standard P/S.
diastance between each of the l/c is about 11 feet on avg. so I don't think I have to worry about them all tripping at the same time even with 6 cars racing.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
the older spec lc sections from memory used to draw 2amps for approx 1/4 second.in a step forward the later ones were altered to draw less current over a similar time span. The exact difference i dont recall...

So assuming the later ones draw an amp and you have 10 of them and six cars and all cars change lane at the same time wich is highly unlikely then a psu around the 4-6 amp range would work nicely...

There will be a lot of work involved in de-soldering the lc sections and adding the longer wires to reach to the psu,easier option is to do the high power mod to the c7042 and feed it with a meaty psu still using the 2 power sockets..lot less wires hanging around....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts