SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
no, sorry, did not try this one with Laptimer 2000

i´m using Laptimer2000 works great.

For sensors i´m using light gantrys CNY37 built into the slot. But need a bit of special electronics for lengthening the signal, as i´m only detecting the guide blade, not the whole car.

The cable pictured above looks like a great solution. If you try, please let me know if it works! Where did you find it?

I would mount the sensors of that cable above the track to avoid wrong lap counts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Peter

I was trying to make Laptimer work on my Windows 10 PC and I couldn't, always showing the error message due to lack of game controller. I tried to download several game controllers but the error always appeared.
In this context I searched the net for "error in the game controller in w10" and ended up finding this piece in the images, which puzzled me. I saw that it was from a Brazilian website, from a firm dedicated to supporting slotcars (Autorama / NoviSlot).
I contacted them and spoke to the manager (Richard), who explained what he had done to achieve that and offered to send me a piece when Covid19 allowed (in Brazil it is very bad ...).

·
Rich Dumas
3,622 Posts
Laptimer 2000 was intended to be used with computers that have a serial, game or printer port, computers with those ports have not been made for some time. The unit that was shown plugs into a USB port and may not work with Laptimer 2000. Greg Braun was the author of Laptimer 2000, but he passed away recently. The HO Slot Car Racing website is still operational. There are many other lap timing, lap counting and race management programs that work with USB devices, perhaps including the one in question.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Rich, i m using laptimer2000 with a modern laptop and win7.
i m using a game-port adapter that plugs into the usb port if the laptop.
works great.

i m very sorry to hear about Greogory. Bought BSRT parts from him and he was very kind helping me figuring out how to get L2K running with CNY37 light gantries in the slot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts