SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The old Lappy has died. I need a new one. Only basic one as all I use it for is surfing, DVD, SSDC and word processing. Are their any makes that SSDC does not like. Any makes the throttles wireless don't like. Suggestions for a new dead basic lappy welcome.

·
Administrator
10,136 Posts
There are some issues with some laptops, but I think it is only with bluetooth wireless. I think it was Toshiba laptops that use their own bluetooth protocol which causes problems but Andy has a workaround. BigBirds laptop Andy had to use a Tesco dongle as there was a problem with the bluetooth. So you are right to ask. Andy should be able to give the best advice...

·
Prof I T
11,196 Posts
hi
try to opt for one that uses I3 chipset rather than the AMD offering, and a Colin says try to avoid one/s with built in bluetooth, my Compaq has been a mare to try and use with it's built in bluetooth,it had to be disabled and the trusty Tesco version used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.