SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any videos of digital racing with at least 6 or more cars on it. Particularly interested in scorpius and oxigen. Videos of actual races preferred rather than just bulk cars on the grid so we can start to see some of these systems in action.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Very impressive and with interesting track lighting and digital display!
Also the track is marked in fractions of a lap (i.e. 80, 85, etc.) presumably so that at the end they can measure partial laps?

But what are the larger red numbers (on transparent backings) for? Marshalling stations?

Maybe Maurizio can explain.

Cheers!

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Good to see some posts guys

... and nice vids. Good to see oxigen in action.

This is one of the best races caught on video I have found. It was with Ninco digital...

I like how the cars stay as a pack for a while and arent so spread out after even 1 lap.

This was also the link to some random shots of my ninco digital track below. But I was hoping to see videos of close races and not just random shots of cars going around the track.

Keep the videos coming boys. Cant wait for scorpius and oxigen to dee races with 10+ cars on large tracks.

Dave

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Heres a 14 car Scorpius video from 2008. Its more of a demo than a race. Aussie V8s with magnets. Commentary and video by Phil Rourke (PhilR).

Rick

·
David Taylor
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats the only video I think I have seen that shows a field of cars heading into some big numbers.

Phil Rouke - theres a name I havent seen in a while - he still around / into slot cars?

Dave

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Sadly his track at Finley was sold and last I heard Phil was doing Friday night racing at the local pub using Ninco Digital. As far as I know it was the only Digital only commercial slot car centre anywhere.

Theres a couple of Davic videos around showing 15 cars.....

Rick

·
Registered
320 Posts
There were 12 cars on a 4 lines Ninco track at the 3rd race of the French Davic Championship :
The Davic system is a digital technology developped by two french guys. Several slot car clubs are equiped with this system, mainly in France and in Belgium. It allows up to 15 cars on the track ...

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
WOW!
That is freekin amazing, why have I not heard of these guys before? Is this a wireless system like Oxigen or Scorpius or is it "hard" wired?

Are those NSR Porsches? Really cool!

·
Vendor
2,982 Posts
Keeto, Davic is hard wired, and well introduced in France. I have raced three 24hrs with the Davic system, with 15 cars (max #of cars for Davic)

Regarding oXigen:
The first demo we did in Rome in 2008 was with 19 or 20 cars:

Can't call it 'racing' as it was a demo.

Back in Rome, tomorrow, for real oXigen racing. We expect 6-8 teams and a good race.
We've come a long way

Regards
Maurizio

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry for dragging up an old post but i thought id post a video of my track we use for Club Racing. All of the Cars are Scalextric COT Nascars and produce some awesome racing. One 20lap heat race on this night was won by 0.36 of a sec and 3rd less than 2sec behind, whichs makes it hard to marshall as you get involved in watching the battle. Anyway this is the first couple of Laps of 40lap B-Final

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/F_uulnrQa_c?rel=0

·
Greg Gaub
15,387 Posts
Love it!

It looks like you've modified your turn 1 section. Is that so? Are there some updates you'd like to share on your track thread?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts