SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Wow... that is some video.

In the first minute and a half, it appears that your F1 cars have "active" suspensions... at least it looked like they were riding up and down like the view on the real F1 vehicles. Does the suspension actually move up and down?

Here is hoping you will be able to set up another layout when you get settled.

Many thanks for sharing!

Cheers!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks sealevel - no the suspensions are not active the camera is just picking up the bumpiness of the track. I posted another vid on YouTube where its even MORE pronounced than that, I thought the same thing...

Thanks JamieG - thats a negative on the space, but I will have a much nicer room with carpeting and windows to make my track. Will be a 2 lane digital layout, its already up, but I have a long way to go. The good news is with the reduced space I'll have TONS of scenery stuff left over.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry about this, i know this is an old thread but the on board camera shot was really good. I was hoping you could tell me what camera you used for the onboard shots for the video.
thanks for your time sd

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Slotdriver,

The camera I used for the onboard shots is a cheap keychain camera. Just go onto the eBay and do a search for "keychain camera". There are several out there, but mine cost about $25 US all in. Some have internal memory, others you have to buy a cell phone memory chip (I had to, and its included in my $25). Mount it to your car with a little tacky putty. Somewhere on this site or the other major slotcar forum there is a very comprehensive thread on this topic. It may be under "keychain spy camera" or something like that.

Good Luck!

Regards,

-- Rakete --

1 - 6 of 6 Posts