SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Loving oXigen when it works.

I've been testing on 2 pieces of track, then I had a miniscule oval track in the hallway and it worked fine after plenty of testing. Then I made a slightly larger track with a proper pitlane to test in another room moving my computer etc and nothing works now. "Boot request fails" all the time

I need to know for sure what is the latest firmware for

- Car
- Dongle
- Controller .... if anyone knows for sure (thanks)

for the dongle, not sure if it's 2.00
I see another being 91.2 which looks wrong

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
car - 2.01
controller - 2.01
dingle - 2.00

I don't understand what exactly fails. Does the car connect with the controller - that is, can you drive the car? If it works in one room it will work in the other too.
From the symptoms, maybe you have sw 91.2 in the dongle.
To be clear (sort of), dongle verison 91.2 is just a 1.0 version which can ONLY work in bootload mode. This is made to help transition to 2.0, because a sw bug in the dongle sw, sometimes prevents the dongle to enter boot mode properly. So, we've made a 91.2 version, which just jumps to bootloader mode for your convenience.
Also, remember that version 1.0 can only speak to 1.xx versions, and if you already upgraded the car and controller firmware to 2.0, then you must use dongle 2.0.
Frequencies for 1.0 and 2.0 families are completely different so there is no way to make the two families to speak to each other.
91.2 is a 1.0 version that can only do bootloading. After reprogramming car and controller to 2.0, you must upgrade dongle to 2.0

Regards
Maurizio

·
Registered
624 Posts
Thank you Maurizio for the info

yes, car is 2.01
The dongle is 2.00
the controller 2.01

but having real problems getting controller to work.

I have taken the jumper out of the controller because it's a SCP-1 1.1 version but the bootloader seems to not communicate with it

I do the correct procedure and even when sometimes the controller display shows a P and I release the buttons it doesn't load. I have only managed twice in the entire day. It's driving me a little crazy. I have left the track on with the car on the track as in the instructions during the procedure

Thank you for your time

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Chip don't quite understand if all the 3 parts are on version 2 why are you using the bootloader, it's job is done.

Can you pair the throttle with the in car chip?

Rich

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
I think that setting the ID in the bootloader program only does part of the job. It will set the frequency / ID number, however I cannot see how it can set the MAC, as the car chip needs to paired with the MAC in the throttle?

Not quite sure of the value of setting the ID in the bootloader program, perhaps Maurizio can explain?

Glad you got it sorted.

Rich

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Thanks Rich - glad to know everything is working now.

The value of setting the ID from the bootloader - hmmmm, not sure either, honestly.

By the way - we are working on the next release of the firmware, which will appear in a couple of months, I think
It will have some important new features, that I can't disclose now, but will also make it easier to reprogram the controllers, something which can be difficult now and requires too many retries.
It will be compatible with the existing 2.0.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts