SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Great Web Sites Guys. The more pictures the better, and welcome to The Forum by the way.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well CG, I haven't actually got the track laid down, but I've got a plan - see my Proposed layout thread

I don't want to criticise you for starting this thread...ok ok it sounds like I am doing I know, but SlotForum has a dedicated area for members layouts. On the flip side of the coin, it is easier to put pics in here (via photobucket etc.) especially for new folks.

Paul - nice 4 lane Brands replica
you've already got the scenery!

Racebaan - love the car park racetrack

Tofslot - watch that cross over piece!!

Gascarnut - great little circuit. How do you find the banking for non-mag cars? Will all your cars run on that banking? The reason I ask is because my layout will hopefully include two 180 degree banked corners on Polistil track which is hard plastic similar to the Carrera.

Mark.

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Difflock,

Haven't gotten around to trying any non-mag cars yet, but most of the mag stuff seems to handle it OK - it's the #1 Carrera banking, so it's probably a bit tight, but I had the pieces and it does extend the straight line length of the layout a bit as most of the magnet cars I have will take it flat out.

Dennis

·
Registered
256 Posts
sorry i should have put the track size down its a smidges over 5ft wide and 10ft long and it now sits nicely in my garage i was going to fit a pully system in my garage but it was to heavy that plaster for the scenery is quit heavy so that dident work
but i have a high ceiling in my garage so i put a false ceiling in and now my layout sits acroos the the ceiling as my garage is exactly 10ft wide

i am now in the process of fitting a running plank across so i can walk up and down the length of the track on either side (scaffolding planks)of my layout dont know if u can picture what i am going on about but i may post some pics over the weekend if u are interested?

·
John Roche
4,157 Posts
There are some old pictures of my track on www.slotcenter.net/roche.htm

I've done a bit more scenery since they were taken but still need to paint all the spectators, pit crews etc.

John

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Dennis

Your track looks very nice! I like the pit-lane that you constructed.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Dennis Samson
807 Posts
Thanks Russell!

The track is coming on slowly. I only get a few hours a weekend to work on it - that's what comes from working so far from home! We need to finish the turf, get some trees in and then finalize the buildings and populate them. I'll keep the picture site updated as I go. Eventually more power and better controllers will be added as well, but in the meanwhile it's at least driveable and fun to run on.

Dennis

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Very impressive Fred, nice Soundtrack as well.

Now we need to look at one taken from a following car!.

Regards

Alan

1 - 20 of 41 Posts